• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brakes lightly locking up

Cumminscruiser

I have a '98 LMTV which I just drove 1800 miles without any problems. For the last month I have been cleaning it and painting the interior and exterior. Went to moveit and I can hear some squeaking at the wheels because the brakes are dragging. Although they are not locked up. The truck will move and over power the brakes but I can feel the drag. There is no rust at the drums. I do not hear any leaks but it's hard to tell with the engine running. Does the tire air pressure have any effect on the brakes? The system shows 120psi.
Thanks

Cumminscruiser

A little more checking and it looks like the rear brakes are responding correctly. I removed the blue caps on the brake aviators and can see them move. There is no way that I can see to check if the front are moving correctly.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Any brakes that are dragging you will know it, as they will get stupid hot. If the rears are dragging, cage the 4 cans to eliminate the parking system. Also make sure your front emergency glad hand cover has a functioning vent.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also make sure your front emergency glad hand cover has a functioning vent.
Why does it need a vent, and what happens if you don't have a functioning vent? (I suppose mine is working, I'm just curious since you mentioned it.)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The brakes release air out of the gkadhands. A blocked front blue gladhand will cause your brakes to not release. A blocked red front gladhand that is blocked off because its leaking air will release your brakes when you don't want them released. Either way it won't work out well for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks