• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Branch of service affects value?

R3Fab

A friend is leaving the area so will be putting his M37 up for sale.
Does the fact that it is former air-force make any difference in value?
Still wearing its original light blue paint.
Extremely low mileage, runs, has both a hard top and winch.
Looked around the forum but not seeing a value range for these.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simple answer:

It's all about "What a willing buyer will pay a willing seller."

If the branch of service is important to the buyer, then the price he/she might pay will presumably be higher.
If the branch of service matters not, then it is NOT a game changer.

Some might argue that the branch could indicate a "wear and tear" factor. Not so. Every branch had their "motor pool queens", and similarly their "beaters" in the inventory. Each vehicle has it's very own unique history.

Value is in the "Art of the Deal" as Donald Trump might point out.

Carry on.

R3Fab

It can always be painted, but will only be original once.
Would have thought that serious collectors would be looking for the comparatively rare example.
But if someone is just looking for one to use color should not matter.
So what do good running low mileage and well equipped M37's go for these days?

murf

Equipped hardware & condition have the largest influence on a price. Items like the original heater, fording kit, winch, full canvass, even tires in good condition (we know new ones aren't cheap, will boost a price. As far as condition, what items have been replaced? This translates into stuff a new owner will not have to buy. Due to the age, mileage really isn't that much of a factor as lots of stuff has deteriorated over time, not from use.
The above is for the informed buyer. Color? Not a real biggie, could be a drawback if someone wanted a green truck or could be a plus if they wanted a blue one. That being said, conventional green are more popular.

R3Fab

IMG_0063.jpgIMG_0066.jpg

Not pretty, just pretty original.
Hard top and winch have to be desireable.
I will have to look for the heater.
I think this may be an original Nevada truck.
Winter here is not warm so the heater may be likely.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the M37 heaters were mounted to the front fender, weren't they? If so, the pictures show no heater.

R3Fab

I need to run up to Dayton for a close look and my own pics.
Been a few years since I paid much attention to it.
Brian has not driven it much but keeps it in running order.
He's fighting a Cancer so has low energy, we never seem to have time to go off-road despite having such a large playground all around us.
Now that he is moving to SC he bought a boat instead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks