• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brand new member

GrizzlyEater

Hi All,

I'm am totally new to forums and the "Deuce" itself. I've always wanted a deuce and a half however financially unable until this point in my life. I've got the kids onboard it'll take some convincing the wife! I have found a "decent" deuce and a half close to my home for sale and I called the guy up. It seems legit and I will go look at it before buying obviously. The one thing wrong with it that the guy offerd is that the low air alarm goes off even though the air isn't low. Is this a "big" problem and what else should I look out for? Seriously absolutely any input would be extremely appreciated! Thank you!

Diecorpse

Check all related threads to your questions using the search function. You will find most if not all of your answers you need. The tm's (tech manuals) are useful for diagnosing and repairs. Do lots of reading!! Lol. If you can't find an answer to your question, then post it and either someone would tell you or direct you in the right direction. Either way we will help the best we can. You found the right source! Welcome aboard.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use google to search this site.

Type your search term, for example Deuce tires if you are looking for either Deuce or tires, or "Deuce tires" if you are looking for the phrase, follwed by site:steelsoldiers.com

Here is an animation for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q="deuce+tires"+site:steelsoldiers.com

This will make google search this site and is often quicker and easier than the built-in search.

Generally, it is expected that you learn that most aspects of these trucks are covered in technical manuals (TM's) that are available for free download on this site. Look at the top of the page, where it says "Technical Manuals". For starters, even if you do not have a truck, yet, you should read the operator's manual (the "-10") for the M35A2: http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/M35/TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf
If you prefer an A3, there is a manual, too.

dutchguy

Welcome to the site. I bought my first (and only) Deuce after prowling here for a month or so. I was lucky enough to get a truck that had been maintained very well (my opinion, after seeing what some other members have dealt with). The speedo that's in the dash shows a LOT of miles, compared to most trucks. The axle lube, trans, transfer, axle pivots, brakes, dogbones, prop shafts, and many other things that usually seem to be shot are in great shape. That being said, I've had to replace or repair quite a few things. You need a lot of money for fuel, or for repairs if you are going to try waste oil. Mechanical knowledge is a must, and muscle as well. The Deuce is a lot of fun, but requires a lot of attention. The TM's that are posted here are invaluable. The numbers have meaning...essentially -10 series are "regular maintenance", if you are going to tear something apart to fix it, look at -20. Injector pump system has it's own manual. Everything is there, but it sometimes takes an eternity to find it. Once you catch on, it's not too bad. The indexes in each manual are very complete. Learning how to use the exploded diagrams to find part numbers is also a big help. If you pull the trigger, have fun!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grizz,
Welcome to the madness, but it's fun. Lots of decent trucks out there, plenty in your neck of the woods, as for the low air pressure warning "go off", that could be a failed warning switch, (under the center dash in the cab on the fire wall) real simple system to t/shoot. Most likely the pressure swith to the right of it. Parts are available and the systems are described in detail in the Tech Manuals. These things are real easy to maintain with a little mechanical abilities.(and tools)
Have fun
JC

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy.:cookoo: Maybe one of the faithful in your neck of the woods will chime in and you can go visit a "Green Iron Addict". Be aware that a deuce is a "Gateway MV". Once you have it you will start to look at accessories, trailers and yes......other trucks. This site is full of enablers, Green Iron Pimps, parts dealers and other lowlifes that will nurture your addiction to feed their own. By the way I have a nice M927 that was only driven to Chapel on Sunday by the Supply Sgt. PM for details.:wreckerman893:

GrizzlyEater

WOW! I've been checking out this site for the last four days! There is so much information it's incredible! Don't worry about me posting threads everywhere, I've figured out the google tool lol! I will say it is pretty easy to just ask and get answers instead of searching, but the search reveals tons and tons of info! Almost too much at times, which for now is awesome and needed. I spent last night reading TMNT thread of his deuce project and when I FINALLY get mine I want to do the same thing, how neat to be able to have a time-line of your hard work. I've checked out a few others also (too many to keep track of)! I'm just so happy I'm not the only one with this passion and I have found a home!