• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brdm 2 cost

Guyfang

Staff member
Where are you shipping from?
Who are you shipping with?
Have you tried several different shipping firms to compare prices?
Have you SEEN this vehicle, with your own two eyes?
Is this a firm with a good name you are buying from?

dmetalmiki

BE VERY CAREFUL where and who you are purchasing the vehicle from.
P.M. me if you don't want to let other members (Why not though?) know.
I know of GOOD ones readily available here in Europe that have NO quirk,s rip off false declarations and or scam abilities!.
I very nearly bought one last month that had more nearly new "Things electronic" in than M.I.'42'. runs drives and is road registered.
Shipping from Europe (U.K) would be around £1600. or £600 deck freight.
I know of REPUTABLE trustworthy firms that build, recondition, To your specification, or sell as is,

Last edited:

Foots

Ok well I’m think it’s in the Czech Republic they said they would ship no i haven’t seen it but they did send some pictures i think so it would be through that mortar investments that was the prices they quoted me I’m up in Montana

Foots

BE VERY CAREFUL where and who you are purchasing the vehicle from.
P.M. me if you don't want to let other members (Why not though?) know.
I know of GOOD ones readily available here in Europe that have NO quirk,s rip off false declarations and or scam abilities!.
I very nearly bought one last month that had more nearly new "Things electronic" in than M.I.'42'. runs drives and is road registered.
Shipping from Europe (U.K) would be around £1600. or £600 deck freight.
I know of REPUTABLE trustworthy firms that build, recondition, To your specification, or sell as is,

Will they be available for a while or is this something I would have to act on fast because to be honest I’m still trying to get the money but I’ve been searching around and have only found one source of brdm2 and that’s through mortar investments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can't get that thing shipped across the US from an east coast port to Montana for under $4k. 2000 to 2500mi at $2 a mile. That's being nice about it with not knowing what fuel costs could be in 6 to 10 months when it could be picked up from port.

Foots

You can't get that thing shipped across the US from an east coast port to Montana for under $4k. 2000 to 2500mi at $2 a mile. That's being nice about it with not knowing what fuel costs could be in 6 to 10 months when it could be picked up from port.
Ok this may sound silly but couldn’t I fly down to the port and drive it back now of course it still would cost a lot in gas but it’s just a thought

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok this may sound silly but couldn’t I fly down to the port and drive it back now of course it still would cost a lot in gas but it’s just a thought
ha, ok. If that is your idea. With a chase truck with tons of spare parts that hopefully come along with it in your purchase you may make it 100 miles if even out of the port gates. Those 13R18 tires aren't something you will find a Les Schwab either.

Recovering something that is meant for cross country driving like a 5 ton, M915, LMTV after its sat for a bit is one thing. A wheeled combat vehicle is another. i have rode in a V100 and I am sure even I would be worn out after 200 miles in the drivers seat and I drive a 5 ton everywhere more miles than anyone.

Foots

ha, ok. If that is your idea. With a chase truck with tons of spare parts that hopefully come along with it in your purchase you may make it 100 miles if even out of the port gates. Those 13R18 tires aren't something you will find a Les Schwab either.

Recovering something that is meant for cross country driving like a 5 ton, M915, LMTV after its sat for a bit is one thing. A wheeled combat vehicle is another. i have rode in a V100 and I am sure even I would be worn out after 200 miles in the drivers seat and I drive a 5 ton everywhere more miles than anyone.
Yeah I figured it was silly thanks for the info guess I will have to keep saving

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Foots one thing the US is extremely picky about is the inspection of the vehicle when it hits US soil!!! When the container comes off the ship you cannot touch it till all the inspections have been completed and ALL COMEBACK CLEAR! There can be NO soil in or on the vehicle, there can be NO bugs in or on the vehicle or it will require more inspection to ID the bug and make sure is not considered a danger to our agricultural economy and the list goes on! I have a buddy who shipped a couple Unimogs into the US from Germany and during this rigorous inspection period the AG dept found a bug laying down along a radiator mounting bracket, INSTANTLY the container was sealed until the bug could be identified, it turned out to be a house fly. IF it had been something deemed bad the vehicle would have been resealed and the owner given TWO choices, either keep it sealed (not your choice) and return it from where it came from or the US govt will seize the vehicle and container and destroy it all to eliminate the problem and you will pay to have the vehicle and the container destroyed!!
MAKE SURE THE VEHICLE IS PREPARED TO BE FULLY INSPECTED!!!
Good luck!

WarHorse_Alex

Yes, maybe it's a good price, but how are you can be sure in good condition?

Adequate price on BRDM-2 in Russia is about 1 million rubles = 13 000 $ (good shape, without HARD 'demilitarized' options (removed guns only), not 'digged' in engine and mechanical), but it will need some works around lost rubber seals and hoses. And can say, that works better doing with yourself xDDDD - no trust to anymore after some cases of scamming...

Hummer Guy

Yes, maybe it's a good price, but how are you can be sure in good condition?

Adequate price on BRDM-2 in Russia is about 1 million rubles = 13 000 $ (good shape, without HARD 'demilitarized' options (removed guns only), not 'digged' in engine and mechanical), but it will need some works around lost rubber seals and hoses. And can say, that works better doing with yourself xDDDD - no trust to anymore after some cases of scamming...
But can you even import a armored vehicle from Russia into the US?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But can you even import a armored vehicle from Russia into the US?
Short answer = yes. Long answer = it depends. How demilitarized is is, will it pass all 'agricultural' and other safety inspections, do the buyer , the seller, and the shipper all have the correct (and complete) ITAR paperwork? BATFE will have to inspect any weapons related parts to insure they can never be reassembled into a fire able condition. Lots of paperwork, but it can be done.

Hummer Guy

Short answer = yes. Long answer = it depends. How demilitarized is is, will it pass all 'agricultural' and other safety inspections, do the buyer , the seller, and the shipper all have the correct (and complete) ITAR paperwork? BATFE will have to inspect any weapons related parts to insure they can never be reassembled into a fire able condition. Lots of paperwork, but it can be done.
Would they cut holes in the armor as well? I heard a lot about this going on when you import from some strict places. Also, do you know anyone who does imports?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks