• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BRDM 2 (Tuning Project)

USSR

My friends began to make modifications of Soviet armored vehicles ...
The idea came by accident: when customers began requesting machines that are easy to use for hunting or fishing)))
Was found suitable for the "transplant" BRDM 2.

Attachments

USSR

The plan of the project: was planned to dramatically change the appearance BRDM) ... To do this, our engineers used welding, cutting tools)))
Roof has been cut ... Completely cleared the interior of the old seats and other debris ... was reworked engine and running gear .
Were made more windows and hatches ...

Attachments

USSR

Initially, the project was for hunters or fishermen .. But then decided create BRDM for security agencies or vip clients)))For this purpose it was necessary to create a comfortable cabin, put the air conditioning, acoustics ....

Attachments

USSR

So .. The project passed its final stage.
Were made by additional body side "gull wing" door
A large windshield withstands can stand the shot of AK-47 (Kalashnikov).
Have been established for additional fastening of cargo on the roof.

USSR

In results was created a show car...
- Interior from BMW's seventh model,interior: neon light, a refrigerator, installed a voltage converter 12 (24) to 220 v (inverter).
- 4 tank lights aimed at the road right;
- 2 tank lights for the pavement or the road;
- 2 tank searchlight type "moon";
- 2 lights to illuminate the video surveillance (infra-red range of 200m.)
- 2 tank lights aimed at the way back;
- Built-in flashing lights;
- Stand-alone gas heater;
- Frame Expedition rack, load up to 1 ton;

Soon to be installed cupboard for weapons built-in, 4 carbine and an autonomous power station...

Attachments

USSR

We did a project for hunters and fishermen as well ..... use BRDM for weddings))) armored limousine for the bride and groom!

Attachments

Mingler

Upgrades

So how much more does it cost to upgrade a BRDM-2 to a security style BRDM-2. Just looking for an average not a solid price. I am looking to purchase a APV in the near future. I do not know if its going to be a BRDM-2 or a BRT-60 or OT-64 Skot.

srodocker

welcoem to the site mingler!

USSR. i'll take some pics of 3 vehicles the museum i volunteer at. a unit brought back 3 of them from the first iraq war i believe and now the unit is disbanded so they just sit in the parking lot. would love to take the brdm 2 home heheh

USSR

So how much more does it cost to upgrade a BRDM-2 to a security style BRDM-2. Just looking for an average not a solid price. I am looking to purchase a APV in the near future. I do not know if its going to be a BRDM-2 or a BRT-60 or OT-64 Skot.
The cost of tuning - is individually, what you want)))
I work with guys from Arizona (a large tuning studio), I showed them and they were talking what could theoretically make improvements to BRDM.
This BRDM on the pictures on sale now - $ 35 к

USSR

welcoem to the site mingler!

USSR. i'll take some pics of 3 vehicles the museum i volunteer at. a unit brought back 3 of them from the first iraq war i believe and now the unit is disbanded so they just sit in the parking lot. would love to take the brdm 2 home heheh
A great idea))

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks