• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Break Chamber CUCV????????

richey5663

I received a box of spare/misc parts when I bought my M1009. I identified almost everything except one set of parts. I finally figured out it was a brake chamber for air brakes. I didn't thin the M1009 had air breaks? Does it or do the parts belong to another truck? I have a diagram I found that matches exactly what I have. Parts # 3, 5, 6, 7, & 9. Help! Thank you. Pat

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No air brakes on the CUCV.

On the rear cover of that service chamber, there should be a number like 16, 24 etc. The number is the size. How many do you have and what size are they?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to tell us the size, to determine what they might be used on.

Almost any airbrake chamber that is used on the road, is a combination chamber.(not what you have).

What you have is a single service brake chamber.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must be a Type 30. They cost about $30 new.

Yours is missing the return spring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks