• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Break the rules and get banned?

Break the rules and get banned?

• Yes

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This is very true, he was not the focus of my rant, mearly the straw that sent me to the keyboard. I will give him credit in the fact that when he was told there was a problem he didn't whine and complain, he took it like a man and removed the post. In my book that gives a person more points over the guys that just complain about the rules being stoopid. It's not a question of if we agree with the rules or not, they are there and we all are to follow them, new and old alike.
Greg, I hope I pushed it to 7 for you.
I used to be a stoopid feller...then I passed 3rd grade and only made stupid mistakes.

BadMastard

A wise cop once told me, while he was writing the ticket I thought I didn't deserve, that you can't get in a car and drive it without breaking some law in regards to driving. While I thought he was wrong about the ticket, he was probably right about the laws.

He included himself in that category. I thanked him for the ticket because he was more than right. I had broken plenty of laws while driving and didn't get busted for them, I had a ticket coming to remind me I wasn't the most perfect driver in the world.

He wrote me that ticket because something I was doing was unsafe. Not right then, and not right there, but it was a habit that needing correcting. It was totally his judgment to write that ticket or not. He wrote it, I learned something.

So, my opinion? Do what you think best Mods. Though, I promise to secretly laugh when you make the same mistakes the rest of us make. Well, possibly not secretly laugh, I may just come right out and roast you. Heck, you can take it, and some of you like it!

Are we at 8 pages yet?

Jerry

firefirefire90

I think you guys should worry more about moderators who are not helpful and/or rude to new members. Instead of being a jerk and banning them when they disobey one rule, you can be courteous and lead them to the forum rules and regulations. This is the way to kill a generations enthusiasm for this club. I'm part of forums MUCH larger than this, and moderators are much more courteous when locking/moving threads rather than banning people or giving snide remarks to those who did not read the forum guidelines.

What happened to acting courteous/being the same person online as you are offline?

KsM715

The Mods have a breaking point just like the rest of us. It states right in the rules (that you MUST read when you sign up) that if you break a rule your thread may be deleted with or with out explanation from a mod.

I'm sure the mods see way more rule breaking than the rest of us. Along with just stumbling onto a thread or single post that breaks the rules, they also have members reorting threads to them that the might not otherwise see.

steelandcanvas

You read the rules when you signed in for the first time. If you don't understand something, ask a Mod. Break the rules and the Mods issue discipline, usually after a warning. I've been given a few days off because I had messed up. Why is it people have a rough time being responsible for their actions? You don't like someone being rude to you? Laugh it off and correct the fault. This is a privately owned site and is run how the Owners and Mods see fit. I'm tired of the freakin' whiners, go somewhere else if you're butt-hurt.

BadMastard

Firefire has a very good point though. It's pretty safe flaming someone and being rude online since you don't risk getting punched in the nose for it. I'd have to agree being courteous is starting to be more rare. I can be just as corrective being courteous as I can being rude.

Examples-
Perhaps some people get a perverted pleasure being rude and insulting, and that's the extent of their intellectual horse power. (sounds rather nice, doesn't it?)

Or

You're a friggin moron, you should stop posting because you're stupid and mean. (see, rude!)

Just my three cents, since I already threw my two cents in.

KsM715

Being kind and courteous (and pc) has led us to a point in this country where people cant handle constructive criticism (sp?) without getting all bent out of shape and looking for a personal injury lawyer. Get over it and move on. :soapbox::rant:

(I see this thread heading to closed-ville very soon)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure, if I ever met the guy that invented the personal computer or the Internet, I would punch him right in the nose! 2cents

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure, if I ever met the guy that invented the personal computer or the Internet, I would punch him right in the nose! 2cents

Wasn't that Al Gore?auaauaaua

And we all know your life would be meaningless without it. Who would you tell about your dog driving the golfcart then?

DH: Don't let His Majesty's SECRET SERVICE until-the-day-I-die Protective Detail here you talking like that.
:deadhorse: aua :hammer: :doh: :mrgreen: :nothingfunny:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There'd be a lot more room if we deleted all the posts flaming a new guy who broke a rule for the first time. There's no way a new guy is gonna remember every single rule and adhere to it strictly until they've been here a little bit. If someone breaks a rule a few times, say something courteously and move on. Most of the time it's trite. It would be different if they were flaming your mom or something. And searches don't always work. Just sayin'.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There'd be a lot more room if we deleted all the posts flaming a new guy who broke a rule for the first time. There's no way a new guy is gonna remember every single rule and adhere to it strictly until they've been here a little bit. If someone breaks a rule a few times, say something courteously and move on. Most of the time it's trite. It would be different if they were flaming your mom or something. And searches don't always work. Just sayin'.
The problem is the majority of the ones that break the rules simply click the box that says they read the rules , instead of actually reading them . Then they whine and cry about rude comments and getting flamed . Its not just new members I have seen members that been here since 2007 or 08 with 5 or ten post complaining they can't post in the classifeds .If they would have took the time it takes to start a thread about it and just went back and read the rules their question would have been answered . Everyone should reread the rules every couple months just to see if they have changed , and be responsibile for your own actions .

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks