• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breakaway system

I have a flatbed trailer that I believe is a M390. does that make sense to anyone?? But it does have three crank down stabilizers with 10" or so round pads. two in the rear one in the front where the hitch meets the frame. It is about the size of a M105. It also has expanded metal for the bed that i think was added after it left the service but I am not too sure. the only way to get the thing tagged in my state is to have a breakaway system installed. or will i have to design something on my own?? thanks for any and all info

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can look for someone scrapping a newer M105 trailer. In addition to what you already have it has an air tank and a relay valve. If the relay valve senses a loss of emergency air, it slams that part shut and applys the trailer brakes with air from the tank on the trailer. All of this can be added to your current brake system. Check out the manuals for the M105 trailers to get a better idea.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Elkton that is just up the road. Well if I was home anyway.

Welcome to the Steel Soldiers.

Are you pulling it with the duece? An air brake trailer does not need break away devices in MD I have my M 969 registered there and it is a straight air over hydraulic. You will need lights and fenders as well as mud flaps if the trailer is an open wheel version. If you have a duece tow it to the inspection site with it and they will pass it if the air over hydraulics work. I got my M 127 inspected too without anything but air brakes. The key is to find a good inspection site that understands what you have. I use Eastern Truck and Trailer down in Baltimore on Pulaski Highway they have helped me with those two trailers and my dolly as well.

I didn't have to get anything inspected when i got the tags. well the deuce anyway. i was told the trailer would need breakaway and i also kinda like it just insace something happens. but we will see if it is too much of a pain to do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks