• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breakdown Beacon on Site Needed

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like this idea. A lot.

M813A1

That is a fantastic idea !!! Good Job !!! And it could be on the upper left side above the the Thread subject line to the left of the Steel Soldiers Banner !! A larger Red Light !! Ok well maybe not a Red light it could be Green or Yellow ??

Last edited:

wb1895

That is a fantastic idea !!! Good Job !!! And it could be on the upper left side above the the Thread subject line to the left of the Steel Soldiers Banner !! A larger Red Light !!

Easy now!!! We dont want to attract the wrong people with a big "red" flashing light;-):-D

mangus580

Ok, here goes.

I think the plan is... make a new forum section specifically for 'Breakdown Alerts' Threads can only be posted in there when someone is dead on the side of the road. When a thread is posted it will create a 'new' box at the top above recent posts (see attached). When the alert is over (vehicle is 'safe') A moderator will move the thread out of the alert section into a proper place - thus canceling the alert.

If anyone can come up with a better animated gif to use instead of the PM beacon.... PM them to me?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks