• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breakdown Beacon on Site Needed

skidder

Yes iam for it, Iam in the NW corner of conn. An there schould be check list ! BUT the first is the truck an driver safe an off the road ? Skidder

Srjeeper

My .02

PB's template idea is a good one, I would also like to suggest a different color beacon.

Blue is already for PM notfications.

How about:
'Yellow' needs help.
'Red' emergency situation.

That way folks would know the seriousness of that person's situation and can respond accordingly.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i don't feel storage could be called a road emergency other then storage because of a road break down ( though i can see that the person needing storage might think so ) if we can get this working right, we can KICK Murphy's a$$. this project calls for ZERO tolerance for abuse, no second time warning, not even a first time, the abuser gets a not so nice notice, if he does not like it o-well, this project is to important for a bunch of crap.

m38inmaine

I'm not broke down, thanks towerguy. The recent doghead wrecker incident sparked the idea. Thanks for the positive feedback on the idea, I know it will benefit SS members in the future.

PorscheTech911

Kinda old, but I have something to add to this.

People are able to sign up for "Amber" alerts in their areas. I have signed up for it in Chicago and in Kansas City and when someone goes missing an Amber alert is sent out with a description of the person and any other info like vehicle or the suspect ect. It is sent via text message and is very simple system.

Something like that would work perfect for this. The person could list their problem, needs, location, ect. And then an automatic text would be sent to anyone signed up for that state or area. Just a thought, but it works great for finding people. This website is the model I'm talking about. https://www.wirelessamberalerts.org/index.jsp

After doing some quick research this company http://www.syniverse.com/content/home provides the service used by Wireless Amber Alerts, and probably could be adapted to our needs.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks