• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breakfast at 57th Fighter Group

TMNT

A few of us got together last year for breakfast/brunch at The 57th Fighter Group Restaurant in Atlanta. We had a good time and it was an opportunity to meet some of the other SS members and check out the trucks.

I'm planning to go back there on March 10 for another opportunity to invite you to join me for breakfast. This is just a casual breakfast (but a really good breakfast) and everyone that can make it is invited. To make this easy, I'll be there with my M35A2 and my 11 year old son, rain or shine, and this is just an invitation to join us.

The restaurant is located at PDK airport off Clairmont Rd in Atlanta. Its a WW2 themed restaurant with a collection of WW2 MV's. There's plenty of parking, good service, and great food. Check out my thread about last year's event for some photos and more info.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=81698

Any of you locals that feel like joining us for breakfast, please feel free to join us at 10:30 am, Sunday March 10. My apologies to all of the church going people, they only serve brunch on Sundays.

If anyone in the Canton/Woodstock area would like to convoy to the 57th FG that morning, let me know.

I hope to see you there but if not, maybe we'll see you at Zout's or other future event.

zout

I sure would like to put this on the schedule for the wife and I to go - but I really need to conserve the cash flow and keep it
budgeted towards the pig for the cookout.

That was a great time and to anyone going - bring some extra cha ching with you as it is a tad pricey - but the chow they have is
well worth the extra service and lay out of food they serve. I know we had a great time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll try to go. Schedule permitting of course, like all the other events I don't get to go to.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ha!

What we need is more rain so I won't be able to get anything done outside! Then I'll have an excuse to attend some of these things.

dangeroustyz

As always. You know I got your back. PLEWHISKEY and I may be able to russel up some more people and KOOL rYdes. Look forward to meeting your son. Must be pretty kool to hang out with pops... Zout maybe acouple of us can pitch in and buy you and your wife brunch for your hospitaliy....[thumbzup]

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to go last year, and something came up at the last minute. I'll try again this year and bring one of my deuces. It's a good place.

TMNT

Clinto, I hope you and Dawn can make it but if you can't, we'll see you at Zout's. If we miss you there, we'll start having SSGR in your back yard again.

PB, I quit my job every day but somehow I end up back there again every stinking morning.

glcaines, I hope you can make it this year. I know you had some last minute thing come up last year.

Dangerous, this is all good practice for the main event, SSGR13 in October. You're joining our little Atlanta convoy this year, so we need to get you and your truck ready for that.

Zout, if you and Z2 can make it, I'll definitely chip in to cover your breakfasts. Consider it appreciation for the vittles served up at your cookout.

zout

Kicking this around with Deb and she has childrens church duty that day (Sunday) but I might have to bring the POV up and try to pick out
one of the 4 grandsons to go with me (that is a battle in itself). But I will try hard to keep this on the schedule for attendance.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be driving one of my deuces down from Hiawassee if anyone wants to convoy to the 57th Fighter Group that's coming in from the north. The convoy will be one way because I'll be heading off after the restaurant before I return home later that night.

TMNT

Depending on what time you roll through, I'd like to convoy with you. I could join you at Exit 14 on I-575 if you're rolling straight down the interstate. If you're cutting across 140 to Roswell, I can meet you at the 140 exit.

dangeroustyz

Any NorthEast troops going can meet up with me in Buford. Maybe mall of Georgia 3333 Buford Dr. Buford Ga. 30519 or the old Kmart parking lot 1605 Buford Hwy. Buford Ga. From there we can take buford hwy down to ptree. Let me know what will work for everybody. I know I got a guy from Monroe and Suwannee coming. So that will be a good meeting spot. Thanks TMNT for the invite. Look forward to hanging with you again :driver:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on what time you roll through, I'd like to convoy with you. I could join you at Exit 14 on I-575 if you're rolling straight down the interstate. If you're cutting across 140 to Roswell, I can meet you at the 140 exit.
I'm a lot further east than you. I'll be heading down SR75 through Helen and Cleveland and on down US129to Gainesville and on down I-985. Thanks for the offer.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any NorthEast troops going can meet up with me in Buford. Maybe mall of Georgia 3333 Buford Dr. Buford Ga. 30519 or the old Kmart parking lot 1605 Buford Hwy. Buford Ga. From there we can take buford hwy down to ptree. Let me know what will work for everybody. I know I got a guy from Monroe and Suwannee coming. So that will be a good meeting spot. Thanks TMNT for the invite. Look forward to hanging with you again :driver:
Either place sounds like a good place to meet for me as I will be going right through that area. This sounds like it will be a good time with a lot of vehicles.

dangeroustyz

Glcaines. You can meet up with tmnt.. Both of you are on the west side. Anybody coming from athens, winder, monroe, suwannee, gainesville will be closer to meet up in buford. Anybody interested Please let me know so we can plan a time. Thanks :driver:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glcaines. You can meet up with tmnt.. Both of you are on the west side. Anybody coming from athens, winder,monroe, suwannee, gainesville will be closer to meet up in buford. Anybody interested Please let me know so we can plan a time. Thanks :driver:
I'm a lot further East than that. I live east of Hiawassee towards Clayton. I'll drive to GA-365 and on to I-985. Meeting up in Buford would work great for me, just let me know where. If I head west and link up with tmnt, it will add around an hour to my drive.

TMNT

No need to go that far off route. I'll head out from canton and meet you guys at the 57th FG. Anyone from Canton/Cartersville/Woodstock vicinity is welcome to join up with me.

I plan to take 140 over to Roswell and then down to Clairmont Rd from there. It's the route I used last year and it worked out pretty well.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I let Rambling Wreck (M35A3) know about the 57th Fighter Group, but I haven't heard back as to whether he is interested in going. I believe he is in Cobb County, but I'm not positive where.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks