• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Breaking Spring Brake tubes

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Do you need this bracket? I think that bracket came with the T-case I picked up at the rally. You can have it if you want.
Naw. I had a few spare transfer cases laying around. Thanks though.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Installed new brackets and still using the old style. I will not be able to put a bracket down near the backing plate. Too much of an angle. 20170101_164457.jpg20170101_144431.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Updating this :

Installed a new transfer case with new bushings. Still had a vibration under slight throttle. Removed the rear transmission mount and replaced it with a stronger rubber bushing. Vibration is gone for the most part. Still have one, but it is in the floor and cab now. Before you could feel it in the pedal. Not anymore. So on to body cab rubber.

Put about 4200 miles on it. No broken brake tubes yet. Brakes work as designed.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know you just replaced some driveshafts, did you replace the transmission to transfer case as well? If not you might try swapping it out, if you have another one laying around. Also check the u-joint timing and angles, they should be as close as possible to each other end to end.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I know you just replaced some driveshafts, did you replace the transmission to transfer case as well? If not you might try swapping it out, if you have another one laying around. Also check the u-joint timing and angles, they should be as close as possible to each other end to end.
With the transfer case in neutral and in drive i run it up to 2100 and throttle check it and there is no vibration i can feel. The joints on the jack shaft were replaced about 8months ago. I am thinking it's body vibration cause i can feel it more in my left foot on the floor and thru my seat frame than i can the gas pedal.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha.. that just gave me the thought of putting one of these bad boys up on blocks just to see how it feels! Fortunately mine is pretty smooth though, so we'll save that project for another day.
Maybe those guys with the drone problems could try it with their truck pointed at the neighbors house, that might get some attention!