• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bridge plate numbers

houdel

I have a brand new, never used, just out of the box (by me) subdued bridge plate set. Ditto on what BFR said.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to David Doyle's "Standard Catalog of US MV's", if all else fails use 85% of the vehicle gross weight in tons. (page 501, top)

So if your deuce is empty, about 5 tons, loaded about 10 tons, a "5" or a "10" on the bridge plate. The "C" is only displayed if you are towing a trailer, in which case the bridge plate number is the combined weight.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I now have a copy of FM 5-36 which lists all the bridge plate numbers for corrosponding vehicles and combinations. The 06 came right out of the book

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll see if I can con my wife into scanning these pages and post them. They have 3 columns, empty loaded cross country and loaded highway.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The information in my Standard Catalog came from a painting bulletin - TB-746- something as I recall (I'm on the road in Alabama at the moment). They pertain - as they say - to a M35. The 85% figure that I refer to comes from a Engineer Field Manual on bridging. The 06 that Kenny and others refer to likely comes from the -10 that pertains to the M35A2.

This is a fine example of the type of problem that is created by referring casually to all G-742 vehicles as M35 - even though the vehicle in discussion (a 1971) is unlikely to really be a M35, but most likely a M35A2.

Best wishes,
David "on the road again" Doyle

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FM 5-36 breaks all of the vehicles down precisely. 08 is the cross country loaded designation. Even shows and breaks down the combination vehicles by type of truck and trailer.

houdel

Where do you find those manuals? LOGSA seems only to list certain TMs. I have not been able to locate any of the manuals listed in the PS magazine displayed a few posts above. Does anyone have electronic copies they load up into the TM section?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks