• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bridge truck question....

Olly

I noticed on the 800 series bridge trucks that they have dual 49's on the rear and was wondering if anyone knows how much the weight of those dual tires and wheels affected the performance of the truck? Thanks for any input.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much at all. Mine drove like any other 5 ton. Other than it being over width.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can always cut the dog bones. Use good channel iron to extend them and weld the channel iron together over and to the torque rod. We used this method on deuces to fit 1400s

MAdams

The bridge truck dog bones are an inch longer so they would space the tires an inch back

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks