• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bridge truck tires on a M813 - what would it take?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Putting super single tires on your truck is pretty straightforward. 395's, 14.00's, and even 16.00's will all fit. None of them will fit on the stock 5ton Budd lock ring rims. There are multiple wheel choices that work.

To use bridge truck wheels, you need spacers up front or they rub steering components. (Or run them dish out)

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Bridge trucks have different wheels than a regular 5 ton. If you want to run 14.00x20s dualed then you’ll want the wheels, spacers, and the long wheel studs. Your truck will be 1 foot too wide to go down the road without an oversize permit.

If you want to run them as singles I’d recommend getting some combat wheels and avoiding the bridge truck stuff.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Running them dualled would look really good but if it's too wide that would scratch that idea. I was hoping dualled would work. I've only seen one truck running them singled and even though it looked nice, there are a lot of other competing tire choices in that arena...