• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bring her back to life: MEP003A

1800 Diesel

Thanks for the replies. I just got finished with the flushing and cleaning and new filters and new oil pressure gauge. I put an adapter on the oil filter threaded hole and filled the oil passages up with diesel fuel with some motor oil flush and then let it drain good and I flushed all the fuel lines and yes I did pressure wash the tank out and after doing so I found some holes in the bottom of the tank and had to solder them up. It seems to be working for now. I just cranked her up and oil pressure of 59 then after warming up dropped to 45-50. Volts and hertz are all good. The engine runs smooth for a old very mechanical diesel. I've only had Onan gas engines which I have come to love and I think that they are the best built engines every made as far a durability goes. That may change now this Onan diesel is a beast, and very impressive. I decided to go with straight 30 wt. oil for now. I may do a oil change soon after running it for a little while just to make sure it is good and flushed and clean. The oil filters that I got form NAPA seem to be just a tad shorter than what came out of it. What is yall's recommendation for fuel filters and yes I have read the TM's and I will go back through the old post but a simple reply would be easy and nice. :grin:
When you're done with the "run-in" oil, use 15/40 Rotella or equal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks