• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bring her back to life: MEP003A

1800 Diesel

Thanks for the replies. I just got finished with the flushing and cleaning and new filters and new oil pressure gauge. I put an adapter on the oil filter threaded hole and filled the oil passages up with diesel fuel with some motor oil flush and then let it drain good and I flushed all the fuel lines and yes I did pressure wash the tank out and after doing so I found some holes in the bottom of the tank and had to solder them up. It seems to be working for now. I just cranked her up and oil pressure of 59 then after warming up dropped to 45-50. Volts and hertz are all good. The engine runs smooth for a old very mechanical diesel. I've only had Onan gas engines which I have come to love and I think that they are the best built engines every made as far a durability goes. That may change now this Onan diesel is a beast, and very impressive. I decided to go with straight 30 wt. oil for now. I may do a oil change soon after running it for a little while just to make sure it is good and flushed and clean. The oil filters that I got form NAPA seem to be just a tad shorter than what came out of it. What is yall's recommendation for fuel filters and yes I have read the TM's and I will go back through the old post but a simple reply would be easy and nice. :grin:
When you're done with the "run-in" oil, use 15/40 Rotella or equal.