• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing the m35a2 home

lucasbrackins

I bought a m35a2 in Lexington KY zip code 40013 and need to bring it to Knoxville Tennessee 37862. 216MI. one way
I have a 98 Chevy (10,000 GVWR) 4door long bed dually with the big block gas motor and a gooseneck trailer with a GVWR of 14,000lbs.
Would I be ok with this setup or will DOT throw the book at me with fines?
I definitely WILL NOT be stopping at weight stations.

ATPTac

You're best bet is to actually go to the DOT's website and check the rules and regulations. You're going more than likely get a LOT of people's experiences in different states than where you're traveling, which is irrelevant to you the states laws you're going to be traveling through. As far as the capability of your truck towing the Deuce, I don't have much experience with towing but I'd probably avoid towing a Deuce with a gas dually... then again I'm not an experienced tower. 2cents

mbehne

Legally, probably not. Possible, probably. Smart...I can't answer that, I'm sure I have done things I shouldn't have and probably wouldn't have listened either.

Reread your post...KY has some funny laws when it comes to the DOT...be careful.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if your trailer alone has 14K GVWR, a winch deuce is just over that by itself not including the weight of the trailer.....

M925

Combined weight is the rating of the trailer plus the rating of the truck. Should be on the plates inside the door and on the trailer.

That is a good price.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

By the time you have taken the fuel travel costs and the stress factor into considaration. the of worry free very reasnable delivery charge seems the best way to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks