• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing to Aberdeen 2011

DanJP2

I have a m35a2 passenger seat cushion back and bottom for sale pm me.

What time does everyone stay till on saturday? Ill be at Dover Speedway and may try to stop by after the race.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was in my parts truck tonight and found 2 brand new spring bases. Plus 2 new fuel fired south wind heater units, no wires or connections, just heater units, that I got when Memphis Equipment went out of business. pm me if you want me to bring these. My trailer runneth over!!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Truck is loaded. Trailer is loaded. Had a slight problem with the wire leading from the starter to the switch, got it fixed. I'm running behind schedule. Had to load in the hot sun today. Got a heavy load, bringing what I can but leaving off 7 pallets for the simple fact, I gotta a heck of a load already.

Dudley, got your IP's.

I still have to load a few odd and ends, do a final PMCS, get a bolt for a tiedown clevis on the trailer, fuel up, pack clothes and goodies, and get on the road. Hoping to be rolling out at 1200 tomorrow.

Will get there when I get there.

Later

R Racing

I should be there between 9 and 10 AM Weds with little joe . and a flat bed to fill for the ride home lol . I believe I will come home with more than I left with LOL :cookoo:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a shame, but many vendors leave by midday on Saturday, even when the weather is nice. Always seemed odd to me why so many vendors are in a rush to get back home when this is the biggest event on the East Coast, not to mention if you love your hobby, why are you in such a big hurry to head back, what you have a nagging wife who has a honey-do list that you just can't wait to get to?

The reason it's such a big deal with me is that us hobbyists know about this show, and attend Thursday thru Saturday, but the public that does show up really only comes on Saturday, their day off. I've gotten feedback from a few spectators in the past that were taken aback by the fact that they came to the show and it seemed everyone was pulling out early on Saturday when they were just showing up.

I plan to sponsor my own show in the future sometime. Rule will be, you are expected to stay until the close of the show at 5pm. If you leave early, you might be allowed next year as well, but spot preference and reservation will be given to those who stayed the course first. Just my two cents.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I see your point Mike but I also see this show leaning more to the left. My first year I arrived Thursday afternoon and left Saturday at 1500.

Second year Wednesday at midnight and left Saturday at 1600.

Third year Wednesday morning and left Saturday at 1500.

(I think I forgot about another year in there somewhere.)

This year I was planning to be there Wednesday at 0800 but now it looks like noonish due to vehicle issues.

I really have to have Sunday to drive home or I have to tke more than a week of vacation time. Besides other factors, that's one additional reason I had to bail on the NJ Show. So unless it's close, I gotta have Sunday to drive home. We could run the show from Monday to Saturday and that would be fine also.

Oh, and we need a forklift also.

paulfarber

Trust me this is not unique to the East Coast show.

My idea to a couple of people who were trying to keep events 'alive' till Sunday was to withhold a deposit till Sunday noon. If you want your deposit back, you stayed. If not, you left Sat night. The money not claimed on Sunday was donated to a charity so it would not seem like the event was gouging... just giving an 'incentive' to stay.

I have no idea if anyone ever implemented it... and it may only affect larger businesses and individuals with a few parts.... but $$$ talks.. and it should say 'stay till the event is over or kiss your deposit buh-bye'.

LanceRobson

Thank you maybe I will get a hotel and go sunday if anyone is still left. I find it that a lot of vender pack up on saturdays and head home.
You will be by yourself. The show ends Saturday at 5PM and the parking lot has to be empty early Sunday. There are rarely more than a dozen or so vendors and individuals still there at dawn Sunday and they are all packed.

Most of our sales dollars come from collectable uniforms and field gear, primarily WWII stuff, and the bulk of our sales come on Saturday so we usually are among the last to pack up.

We sometimes pull out Saturday PM and sometimes spend the night to lessen the chances of waking up in a ditch...

Lance

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Always seemed odd to me why so many vendors are in a rush to get back home when this is the biggest event on the East Coast, not to mention if you love your hobby, why are you in such a big hurry to head back
I think a lot of vendors (and spectators) try to get back home Saturday or Sunday morning so they can have some time to unpack and relax before they have to go back to work on Monday.

As somebody who has gone to a lot of car shows, either displaying a car, being a vendor, or just a spectator, I hate getting home Sunday night and having to go straight to bed and get up and go to work Monday.

lindyp38

i am only 20 minutes from aberdeen,i have alot of deuce parts,complete deuce parts trucks,900x20 tires,new m105 trailer,m101 trailer,m116 trailer,good running m35,deuce front bumper,deuce rears,and other parts.call with needs 410-808-5227,john
any pics of your m116 trailer.....that is the generator trailer...?

Thanks mario

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Aberdeen is primarily a hobbist show, and not geared torwards the public too much. Some shows like the NJ MTA gear torwards both, as there are things to do for mom and the kiddies (see the displays, etc), and they attract the public on Saturday. I think most people (hobbyists) going to Aberdeen have a shopping list in their hand for parts/stuff/know what they are looking for, as opposed to John Q Public whos just going to see whats going on and wander arround.

I'd love to stay until Saturday night, but a 4-5 hour drive to get home after being gone for 4 days with maybe 1/2 a day Sunday to unpack and catch up on what you didnt do since Wednsday when you left. If I leave Saturday 11-noonish, I get home, upack, and have the entire Sunday to catch up/chill out.

Also, when Aberdeen was butted up to Mothers Day weekend, you BETTER spend the whole Sunday with her..........

Most vendors have businesses they need to run and take care of their online/phone orders to keep those customers happy and like Clinto said, would like a day to recover before Monday.

Honestly, as a guy with a shopping list in hand to finish up projects, if I didnt find it by Mid Friday, it probably wasnt going to be there Saturday either.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the good deals happen on Thursday, all of the great deals happen Wednesday. Leftovers are swapped back and forth on Friday and early Saturday. Late Saturday and Sunday are predominatly dumpster diving days. I was stunned at this my first trip, I now know it is what it is. Participants of the East Coast Convoy get the short end of the deal stick.

03silverado

I agree that if you want to leave you should be able to its your choice not like you must stay I know some like to leave early to get home and relax I really wish the show started friday evening and went through sunday there are alot of us such as myself that have limited vacation time that we use on our families not taking off for a truck show and swap meet you would probably get a bigger turnout on the weekend because most font have to work

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks