• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brittsh Aircraft Carrier up for Auction

bugei

did you all forget

"i just won this auction, and don't have the money to pay for it right now. could i borrow a few bucks so i don't loose it?"

i also didn't see "my neighbors were really pissed when they saw me parking my new boat in the driveway"

bugei

i'm just guessing, and i am not a moderator, however, i once played one in a junior high play.

if someone buys that carrier, and wants to post a classified, i suspect they would be granted a posting waiver, right after the first "does this count as a mv?" post.

Last edited:

wdbtchr

Is it me, or does anyone else wonder about that ramp at the front. Are they not quite sure the planes will make it into the air so they kinda toss them up at the end? Maybe they just need a bigger rubber band on the catapult. Which side is the stearing wheel on? I don't have a lake down on the farm but maybe I could wedge it into the holler behind the barn and make a static display. I bet them boilers would make a great still. I'm just thinkin'.:roll:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i'm just guessing, and i am not a moderator, however, i once played one in a junior high play.

if someone buys that carrier, and wants to post a classified, i suspect they would be granted a posting waiver, right after the first "does this count as a mv?" post.
What to FLIP a CARRIER

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DANG... I wanted to bid on that but now there's gonna be too much competition for me to have a chance of winning. My max budget would be $1.38 ... think I still have a chance???

A few unanswered questions....

Can you waterski behind it?

If you flood the forward compartments and evacuate those in the aft, can you snow ski jump off that ramp?

Does she come with aircraft?

Is she amphibious?
OR... Is there PORTAGE KIT available?
(Opposite of a Fording Kit - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/portage )

Are the crews quarters CO-ED?

We've already got a Deuce named "The ARK"... Would a boat named "ARK Royal" be a cool mate for that???

--------------

American:
USS = United States Ship

British:
HMS = His/Her Majesty's Ship

Italian:
DMB = Datsa Ma Boata

:mrgreen:rofl:mrgreen:

Danger Ranger

I would be new to both MVs and MBs (Military Boats...or maybe ships--MSs), so, can I take it for a test drive before I bid??? What sorts of licenses or stickers do I need for the year? Do I need my own dock?

As to Ferro, don't nuclear power systems on these things (and subs and such) use steam in some part of the process for turbines and power?

Maybe Zout needs this for project #7 lol. I bet he would have a detailed build thread....

Or should Wreckerman, PapaBear, and CARNAC go in on it together? You would only need one more bear and one more possum (assuming Elmo goes too).

Atomic

"1982 British aircraft carrier. Gauge panel missing. No keys. Will not start. Was driven into slip. Pick on Mondays only. No loadout assistance on site.

Ok I'm in! Going to sell some blood and a kidney. :mrgreen:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Since Jimma ruined my ambush...I ain't even gonna try ta bid!!
The last one I had wouldn't float up the Chattahooche river very well and got piss poor fuel mileage. (APG)
The EPA gets mad if ya drop a few fuel rods into the ocean and gets REALLY pissed if ya purge the WMO at sea. (But the guvment can do it).

I think I'll pass on this auction and wait for the space shuttle to come up. Should be easier to handle.:beer:

Josh

Is it me, or does anyone else wonder about that ramp at the front. Are they not quite sure the planes will make it into the air so they kinda toss them up at the end? Maybe they just need a bigger rubber band on the catapult. Which side is the stearing wheel on? I don't have a lake down on the farm but maybe I could wedge it into the holler behind the barn and make a static display. I bet them boilers would make a great still. I'm just thinkin'.:roll:

They have that ramp at the end as their decks are significantly shorter then that of the US carriers. Its just to help makesure the plane gets enough lift.

Jimma

"1982 British aircraft carrier. Gauge panel missing. No keys. Will not start. Was driven into slip. Pick on Mondays only. No loadout assistance on site. "

Now thats funny.... You forgot to mention batteries have been removed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks