• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down - Desperate!!!

jimmcld

If you know anyone with a wrecker, they came with a set of lights to hang on the towed vehicle. Just plug it into the trailer socket and run it back to the towed vehicle.

T

televisionman007

i have a ? y do u have to take driveshafts out? I have pulled dueces 450 miles with no problem. All i did was put transfer box in neutral.

krall

ah I think he has baught one from eastern surplus I will be picking it up here monday, thanks for the wrenches question I will take the 3/4" s along, I got my local show hooking me up a 4 pin plug to the tractor so if I ever need it again I just just reach behind it and use it, I do wish I had read this befor I had gone and taken it to them I like those lights, thanks for the links guys. that would have been too easy but I wanted to make sure we were going to be good, what length do we think it will need? i am hooking up at the back where there pintal is so from there back what kinda lenght would we need, 5ft for the tow bar and what 25 for the truck? i am thinking worse comes worse we can magnet them on the sidesof the shelter, either way.

R Racing

You might want them longer. I bought a set of 20 Ft and used them to bring home my generator and only had about 3 feet extra. so I would make them at least 30 ft because you can always wrap up the slack.

krall

update:

towbar is alocated and as soon as I get the goahead we will be making the long tow. and yes I will bring the camera and all, hope to do this after the holidays and when the road conditions aren't to snowy. we shall see.

randyman

I'm about 80 miles northwest of Winchester right along Rt. 50 if you need a place to store the truck for a while or work on it. Have most tools and equipment you'd need but would have to keep the two deuces in the field beside the house company as my plan to build a large shop/building hasn't come to fruition as yet.

fasttruck

Reference offers to haul M 109 on M172 trailer: you'll get as far as the first bridge as the combined height is 14'

planeswalker

I would like to send out a special thanks to all of you who have replied to this thread. I believe that we have a solution. I have purchased a set of tow bars from Caswell at Eastern Surplus and krall has picked them up for me. I've sent the checks out for the initial tow and the mechanic's bill. Once he receives them I will send word to krall to pick up the vehicle and transport it to me. Right now we're looking at the week after Christmas between 12-27 to 12-30. Thank you all and have a safe and blessed holiday.
Planeswalker

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a way to change the title of this thread to "not so desperate now"?

...just a thought to lower the alert level for future readers...

I would like to send out a special thanks to all of you who have replied to this thread. I believe that we have a solution. I have purchased a set of tow bars from Caswell at Eastern Surplus and krall has picked them up for me. I've sent the checks out for the initial tow and the mechanic's bill. Once he receives them I will send word to krall to pick up the vehicle and transport it to me. Right now we're looking at the week after Christmas between 12-27 to 12-30. Thank you all and have a safe and blessed holiday.
Planeswalker

zout

if you get in a jam up there call R Bean and Sons out of Howard City - they run interstate and have drop deck low boys - also extendable - for what its worth.

If you know what happened a couple years ago - Bob was an OTR truck driver that started this company and a devote Christian couple. Someone they knew and befriended broke into their house while they were in church. Long story short - they took them to a field and murdered both of them - Bob from what I understand was first - they did catch them and convicted both of the killers. But it was one of those things that disrupted an entire Northern area in Mich as he helped everyone and wanted no recognition for any of it.

If you talk with Tammy up there - she may be able to toss some $$ to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks