• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down - Desperate!!!

planeswalker

No, no luv as of yet. I ordered and paid for a brand new set of tow bars from eastern surplus and krall went and picked them up. Then I paid off the mechanic and the towing company that had provided the initial tow. Krall picked up the vehicle for me and now it's sitting at his house in Pennsylvania while he is still trying to figure out his trailer light system. I spoke with him on Monday and he believed that it would happen this week and gave me every assurance that it would because next week his wife was going in for a c-section. Well, it's now Friday and I still have an empty spot in my driveway.

R Racing

Well at least its out ov VA ! Its Great Krall was able to get it from there. Maybe another SS member heading west with a empty trailer going to pick up something from the west can bring it closer to you ?

sn8ke8

im picking up a deuce from fort meade as soon as the euc clears, im in saginaw mi, im renting a tractor trailer, not sure if i can help let me know some details

planeswalker

I may have a bead on a couple of M35A3's down at Wright Pat. I'll be previewing this friday and deciding which one I'm gonna bid on in the Feb 8-10 auction. I hope to score one and then as long as my EUC clears by Feb 28 when I start spring break I should be able to recover it myself. Otherwise I may be able to line up something with another SS member.

planeswalker

Wow, well it doesn't look like I'll be buying one of those M35's. You jokers are just too rich for my blood. By the way you do realize that these were F7's. Well, I pray that you get em all and that you live nearby. Good luck with that.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, well it doesn't look like I'll be buying one of those M35's. You jokers are just too rich for my blood. By the way you do realize that these were F7's. Well, I pray that you get em all and that you live nearby. Good luck with that.
I don't put much faith in those codes. My truck was coded F7 and we drove it home. Other items are coded as new and are basically junk. The best plan is to ignore the codes, pics, etc and do a visual inspection. Expect what you inspect.

planeswalker

Let me see if I can get this right, Sn8ke8 would like to know - If we let all of the air out of the tires (which are 9.00 x 11) or jack up the truck remove the tires and rims all together can we lower the height by nine inches in order to get it below 13' 6" if the trailer we're loading it on measures 3' 3" w/ air bags and the stated height of the M109A3 is 130" (10' 10"). Could somebody please just go outside and measure your M109 for us? I feel a migrane comin' on. Thanks

planeswalker

Hooray, the M109 is finally back in my driveway. I'd like to send out a special thanks to sn8ke8 and his friends who really came through for me by allowing me to split the cost of a flatbed back from Meade. You are a credit not only to yourselves but also to this club. Good luck and have fun with your new deuce.

stampy

Welcome to the 109 club! Sorry about your initiation being such he!!. You will use that towbar though....if not sell it to me LOL.