• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke down in Picayune Mississippi ... Need a lowboy to haul back to Louisiana

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Jeff can get it to his yard on a towbar or his wrecker. I could get it moved to Louisiana on a trailer this weekend

So give him a call. He's in Hattiesburg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm paranoid about the transmission. she wasent pulling right. I was in mode. in 5th she started slowing down. I pulled over quick. she shifted hard in 1st and 2nd gear. It has to be low. Something is leaking. She went 500 miles before i had problems. I'm tempted to go back to Picayunne with oil, top it off and see what happens. that's a 3 hr drive for a gamble. crap. The another 5 hrs of driving back if it works.
Does it still have motor oil in the transmission or has some one changed it to transmission fluid (red) if its still oil find any where you can gen get 15/40 make sure its full drive it till it starts to warm up pull over let it cool for a while limp home in 50 mile jumps if it feels ok to drive but if not it will cost like hell if you shell the tranny its a hard decision worst case park it in a walmart or truckstop and get a ride home then you have time to make a less costly decision

bradybroussard

I'm currently home in Louisiana 3 hrs from the truck. I'm very tempted to make that trip tonight. 3 hrs isn't far. Take a gamble

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bradybroussard

i'm 90% certain it has motor oil in it. looks like motor oil. what kind of oil should i top it off with if i choose to try to limp it back?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks