• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broke down need help near UnionTown Pa

mike.s

Ok, I still can't get this thing to run. I put the new pump in and once again I have fuel to the pump but none coming out and going to the injectors. I took the cover off the fuel shutoff and had a friend crank it and it is spinning. I pulled all the injector lines off the pump and cranked for a long time and still nothing. Does anyone have a diagram of the fuel line routing, I know the po changed the fuel tanks and there are 3 lines going to the supply of the secondary and only 1 feeding the pump is that correct? The truck drove to my house and I even ran it around my property a little, but now I am dead in the water. I was thininking about hooking a vacuum pump to one of the injector lines and seeing if I could pull fuel, has anyone ever done that?

Coal Cracker

Are you getting fuel to the secondary filters on the motor? You should be able to turn the power switch on, hear the in tank pump running, and open the bleeder on top of the filter housing and have a decent flow. this same thing happined to me bout a month ago. you have either a bad in tank pump or a plugged primary filter or the screen on the in tank pump is plugged. Don't hook up a vacuum to the injector line you'll just pull more air in.

Last edited:

mike.s

Are you getting fuel to the secondary filters on the motor? You should be able to turn the power switch on, hear the in tank pump running, and open the bleeder on top of the filter housing and have a decent flow. this same thing happined to me bout a month ago. you have either a bad in tank pump or a plugged primary filter or the screen on the in tank pump is plugged. Don't hook up a vacuum to the injector line you'll just pull more air in.
Yes I have good flow to the secondaries and the injection pump, it just won't get through the injection pump.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I have good flow to the secondaries and the injection pump, it just won't get through the injection pump.
In this case, isn't a stuck plunger in the hydraulic head a possible culprit? I also remember reading a thread that described a similar sounding issue with fuel to the pump, even to the head and no flow into the injector lines. What the heck..I did the search...here it is: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...n-the-Hydraulic-head&highlight=hydraulic+head