• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broke little stud off starter

kassim503

So I pulled the good ole heap into the garage for a hot repaint, 4 days later I felt comfortable taking it back out into the elements, went to fire it up and no start. Looked under and the wire for the start signal fell out of the connector on the starter, no big deal. Foolishly put a 10MM socket onto it and turned, 2-3 turns later and the stud popped itself right off, flush of course.

Im at wits end with these 6.2 diesel starters, is there any way to just jam a screw in it or something and make it work? This ones only a few months old :x

Im thinking about removing all of the guts and attempting to solder to whatever the stud connects to on the inside and run a pigtail out as well

M1008driver

I understand your frustration, but I would not take shortcuts with the starter. It may cost you more in the end IMHO.

TM 9-2320-289-20
S e c t i o n I l . S T A R T E R S Y S T E M M A I N T E N A N C E
4-5. STARTER AND STARTER RELAY REPLACEMENT.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks