• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broken air line from hub to rim

obxairman

broken valve stem

Ok went off road and the hose from whatever that thing is on the outside of the axle broke where it connects to the fill line that feeds the tire. This looks like a t shaped line one side comes from the ctis and the other side of the t goes to the back of the tire that has a place to fill the tire then the other part of the t goes into the rim. My connection between the hose and the metal line taking the connectiong fitting with it. So i am guessing I now have to remove the wheel and open the rim and replace this fitting? Thanks in advance . Please forgive my grammar skills

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is the fitting on the short side of the valve stem, you should be able to replace that with out taking the tire apart and you can get it at most auto parts store. It is 1/8" pipe thread.

obxairman

Its the outside part of the line . The rubber line connects to the valve stem and it broke the threaded part of the stem off inside the air line. So can the short side be unscrewed from the fitting that goes into the the rim?

obxairman

Ok I just looked at some photos of the valve stem and I can see that this is a flare fitting that has broken and the whole fitting must be replaced hence i need to remove the wheel . Sounds like fun is ahead.