• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broken dash plastic that holds transmission selector cable.

2deuce

The tiny cable runs over a plastic pin that is located on the lower right area of the plastic dash, it has broke off. Anyone have a good repair for this, so the shift indicator will work. Thanks

Last edited:

TGP (IL)

I have fixed a few by drilling small hole, installing a sheet metal screw with some sort of thimble on it to protect the cable.
Worked for me.
Other than that replace the housing.
Tom

K9Vic

I did a similar fix as TGP noted, but instead of the thimble I used a small tie wrap hanging done from the screw. So the shifter cable was sliding inside the tie wrap loop. Do not know about long term as I sold that truck, but worked for the few hundred miles I had it.

2deuce

Replacing the housing is a tough one as it must be CUCV specific. Thanks to both of you for the ideas! I really like the zip tie idea because I won't have to scrounge for something to cover the screw and it will be more flexible where I can put the screw by adjusting the size of the loop.

Actually its not but it can be tough to find,Gm offered a lot of Gasers with idiot lights and I found that the housing is pretty much the same the diffrences are the style of speedo and changing the circuit board on the back so far so good for me and I haven't had any issues its doable also you can find the cucv clusters quite frequently on the net.Usually between $40 and $100 depending on how nice they are.Good luck

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the sheet metal screw method when I had my M1009. Worked as good as the original.

Barrman

I also did the sheet metal screw into the metal under the gauge panel. To make the cable slide, I put a starter motor to starter solenoid copper spacer over the screw. Works great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks