• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken Power Steering Bracket

tgtaylor64

Just found the root cause of my M1009 vibration; PS bracket was broken in two places. Can this be welded together and be functional or should I start looking for a new one? Anyone with a part number for this?

cucvrus

Weld it. Make it twice as thick at the weak spots. Add material/steel to the front. I wish I had the ones I threw away. I bought the last few new ones I could 10 years ago. I found 2 cracked ones while cleaning up my scrap pile. I am going to weld them and make a few new pieces to double it up at the mounting and pivot points. Make sure you have the lower brackets in place also. Keeping the lower bracket in place and all the bolts tight is the key to making them last for ever. Good Luck.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's common enough to have happened to me. I took the parts to a friend who is a good welder and he beefed it up. I was skeptical that it would even fit but it's under the hood and working great.

PSPB3.jpgPSPB4.jpg