• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken seatbelt bolts

o1951

Make sure you got the inside of the floor coated good - vinyl and insulation traps moisture. Don't want floor rotting out. Seatbelt bolts are high strength. Replace with something as strong. I never understood why they use such long bolts. I ran a tap thru the nut blocks, and replaced the bolts with ones that stick out only 3 threads. Put Never seize on the bolts and wax sprayed bit that comes thru the nut block in case I ever want to get them out.

I stripped one of these on the drivers side that holds the belt retractor. I took the stripped T50 Torx and welded it to the stripped out torx seatbelt bolt. Luckily it came loose.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377817279.837200.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks