• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken T-case adapter, yet again... 1028

cucvTater

Military Chevy Pick-up 1.25 ton. Gas motor, TH400 trans to NP208 T-case. This is the 2nd broken T-case adapter I've had in last 5,000 miles. I'm thinking of replacing my stock motor mounts and the trans mount on cross-member. Anything else I can replace? Anyone have any ideas as to what is happening? Right now I'm at a loss aua. I'll need the truck for hauling firewood and heavy loads soon...

Thanks
cucvTater

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have the t-case braces setup from the civy trucks? That helps prevent a lot of this.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No, it's a civy factory part. Not sure if it can be had from the dealership. But a junk yard might have them.

ProPower

I'd say that 90% of the time the adapter breaks because the drive shaft bottoms out! I have lots of braces if you want one for a small fee. Personally I dont think its a must have item but it doesn't hurt too!