• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broken wheel studs

Sargent Snow

Is it easy to change them and if i have it all apart should i replace the axle boot with zipper to a new silicone one.1969 M35A2 turned into one bad a$$ plow truck.Pictures soon to be up

Keith_J

Studs are simple to replace. Definitely do it, making sure you get the correct ones for the side.

The boot? Only if you have the knuckle torn down should you consider a seamless. The zipper boot functions correctly, keeping dirt out. If a bit of leak bothers you, just smear silicone sealant on the zipper. This saves 6 hours of disassembly.

800summit

You will need to remove the front axle, the 3" nut loosen the front brake pads pull off the front drum, remove the hub, then repair or replace the studs. as others said while you are at it at this point go through the whole front end, and replace parts as needed

monkster

Yup he is right "L" and "R". Take the hub/ drum off, may have to heat the stud, be sure to have back up on the underneeth side and knock out the broken stud, the backup is important. If a press is around that helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks