• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bronco 3 - Airdropping Armoured UGVs ?

Kyrpolitix

Hello. Whilst checking out the Bronco 3, I came across this tweet by defence analyst, Nicholas Drummond:

To see the Bronco 3 being flown into close to the frontlines and being deployed for use is a sight to behold. Imagine the mobility, speed and reach that it would have offered to defence forces.

I’m intrigued by the possibilities that these increasingly light-weight behemoths could present as UGVs. Think of them being unmanned yet able to rendezvous with waiting crewmen, regardless of the theatre of war (ground, sea or land); executing missions without having to endanger the crew, who could decide to mount or control it elsewhere. Let’s not forget support vehicles and those for humanitarian aid as well.

The advancement in military tech also impresses me. However, I do wonder about the slick V-shaped designs of the Bronco 3. Considering the trend in MVs looking slick, what are your thoughts on its look as compared to the old Bronco ATTCs?

Likewise, your thoughts on airlifting unmanned Bronco 3 UGVs for immediate use upon landing?

Attached isn't a picture of a Bronco 3, but a UGV from the milsim 'ARMA III'. I just thought if a Bronco 3 UGV were to come into fruition, it could be controlled like how this UGV functions - user being able to control it either mounted or elsewhere.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello. Whilst checking out the Bronco 3, I came across this tweet by defence analyst, Nicholas Drummond:

To see the Bronco 3 being flown into close to the frontlines and being deployed for use is a sight to behold. Imagine the mobility, speed and reach that it would have offered to defence forces.

I’m intrigued by the possibilities that these increasingly light-weight behemoths could present as UGVs. Think of them being unmanned yet able to rendezvous with waiting crewmen, regardless of the theatre of war (ground, sea or land); executing missions without having to endanger the crew, who could decide to mount or control it elsewhere. Let’s not forget support vehicles and those for humanitarian aid as well.

The advancement in military tech also impresses me. However, I do wonder about the slick V-shaped designs of the Bronco 3. Considering the trend in MVs looking slick, what are your thoughts on its look as compared to the old Bronco ATTCs?

Likewise, your thoughts on airlifting unmanned Bronco 3 UGVs for immediate use upon landing?

Attached isn't a picture of a Bronco 3, but a UGV from the milsim 'ARMA III'. I just thought if a Bronco 3 UGV were to come into fruition, it could be controlled like how this UGV functions - user being able to control it either mounted or elsewhere.
Pretty impressive... Being able to allow troopers to jump and form up, then meet up with their vehicles a few Klicks away WITH the ability to change that rendezvous point as needed for the mission. That could save time and lives!

Kyrpolitix

Pretty impressive... Being able to allow troopers to jump and form up, then meet up with their vehicles a few Klicks away WITH the ability to change that rendezvous point as needed for the mission. That could save time and lives!
Additionally, the Bronco 3 is a multipurpose armoured fighting vehicle. Think of it as a swiss army knife on tracks. You could have a counterdrone fighting Bronco variant, deployed by helicopters to a location suspected of enemy UAV recon activity, or a troop transport variant armed with a GPMG and maybe ATGM, to be deployed so close to the frontlines to enable a hastier arrival of armoured reinforcement and support a quicker retreat if necessary.

Aside from warfighting, the ability for such a heavy vehicle to be deployed from the air enables the Bronco 3 to conduct humanitarian operations too, mainly disaster relief operations. Imagine Bronco 3s saving countless of families trapped in inaccessible areas after a tsunami. How their deployment could likewise redirect other disaster relief resources in an affected region to better enhance humanitarian efforts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks