• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bronco 3 and the US Army

Kyrpolitix

Hey guys, I'm new to SteelSoldiers. Not sure if this were the appropriate place to post a news article I found.

In Singapore, there's talk of the US military customising a variant of the Bronco All-Terrain Tracked Carrier (ATTC) for future operations in the Arctic.
The Bronco family of ATTCs has made its way around the world, braving different terrain and climates for more than 20 years.

Most notably is the British Army's Warthog All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV), a variant of the older Bronco 2 ATTC, which was developed in partnership between Singapore and the United Kingdom. Ever since the first Warthog ATV was rolled out in war-torn countries such as Afghanistan, it has proven itself to be a worthy successor to the Viking ATV, notably by surviving numerous IED attacks. Since delivery back in 2009, the Warthog has reportedly encountered more than 30 IED attacks with zero fatalities recorded. Today, the Warthog ATV has somewhat taken a backseat from direct combat operations it seems, but its impact on the British Army is still appreciated.

The Bronco 3 has recently been chosen as one of the contenders for the US Army’s cold-weather, all-terrain vehicle program - check out this article to have a look at the Bronco 3 in action at one of its arctic trials.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ering-us-army-armoured-troop-carrier-14588274

What do you guys think of this development? Is it wise for the US military to have their own variant of the Bronco 3 ATTC in the arctic?
Also, any former users of the Bronco ATTCs or Warthog ATVs around? Would appreciate it if you guys could share your experiences while working with those vehicles.

Attachments

Kyrpolitix

Heyya guys.
Recently, a relevant article concerning the Bronco 3 ATTC was published. This time around, it pits it with BAE System's Beowulf vehicle, which is proving to be a worthy contender when it comes to future Arctic operations.

Here's the link to the article:

The plausibility of peacekeeping operations in the Arctic is immense as both the US, Russia and maybe even China (PRC), view it as their new unconquered frontier. Given the harsh environment, the requirement for such vehicles is necessary to keep crewmen safe. However, the question boils down to which one.

It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could share your thoughts on these two vehicles.
Like which one you'd rather go on a roadtrip in the arctic in? Or more professionally, which one you'd rather select to conduct missions in the harsh permafrost?

For me, I'd choose the Bronco 3 ATTC.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks