• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brought home some more deuces.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been keeping an eye on a couple of parts trucks nearby. They were heading to the junkyard and I grabbed them. Probably paid too much, but there here!

Took a pic of all the trucks. At one time, in a galaxy far, far away, I didn't own any MVs. Always thought the 6x6's were cool, so got online and found this site. Thought one truck was plenty, now I have 4! Thanks for using up any spare time I had SS!

So on to the trucks, green one is a sweet looking dropside, biggest thing missing is injector pump and doors. Tan one is a LDS truck, missing a lot of stuff.

Plan for now is green truck's body is going on the M108, dropside on the tan truck for Gimpyrobb, and selling/parting out the rest of the green truck. The body on the green truck is nice, and figure the M108 is worth more with the body than the M35. Also thinking of putting the air shift in the M108.

Where would I list the axles to sell? I won't know what parts I'm selling or keeping for a while yet, still have to figure out what goes where.

Dennis

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, only two trips. The first two trucks I already had. That poor wrecker can barely move under its own power,much less pull another truck.

Srjeeper

Dennis, that's a nice find.

Once you figure out whats going where, I'm still looking for a rear axle shaft for the hub end. If ya have one that's bent, broke, or bad splines, I want it, so keep me in mind please.

Now ya really got plenty of irons in the fire... :lol:

derby

Contact Rizzo about the axles,he knows people that are looking. Let us know what you are going to part out !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatcha gonna do with the motor out of the green truck? That would be a great truck to use for repowering the 108!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think he is going to try and keep the 108 as stock as possible Kenny. I konw he is changing the sheet metal over, but I don't think the motor is in his list of plans. Besides, I need the radiator and gear box for the tan one!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang people! Got 5 PM's for parts already! I don't know what's going and what's staying, will post up another thread on what parts are available later on.

Kenny's got me thinking Gimpy. All the parts are there for a multi swap, both trucks would share spare parts then, and I don't even have a gasser motor to replace the M108's motor. Nothing is for sure yet, we'll figure things out. Maybe keep an eye out for a radiator?

Dennis

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We'll have to post up a trade, gasser motor and radiator for an m35 radiator and trans! I guess I'll have to take some days off and get up there to give you a hand. You got time off anytime soon?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now is the time Dennis if you were to do it. You have the tank, fuel lines, mounts, OD tranny, air shift case, everything. You know I'd help you out any way you go. If you do the cab all at once it would be even easier as you won't need to strip the firewall. It's your truck and up to you. I will say this, my M108 can do 55.

m35a2cowner

Great find

Great find, I was wondering if you could post some pictures of the muffler setup on the second truck back in the ordinal photo. Perhaps showing the clamp location(s) and where it is attached to the J pipe. Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Great find

One more thought Dennis. If you retain the gasser, have a looksee at the firewalls. The gasser firewall has some dimples for the starter linkage that the newer firewall won't have.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Great find

You're a good man, Dennis, to save that iron before it gets cut up. Wish we all had spare space like you do, in order to do more of that!

If you have a parts list, with prices, post them here. I'm sure a lot of folks need this and that, and can help get the parts a good home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks