• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brought the 813 home today.

ranchhopper

A friend and myself went down to indianapolis today and brought the 813 home I bought from GL a couple weeks ago. I needed new batteries so two 8Ds and three hundred dollars lighter we were on the way we rode down in one of my 1009s after packing it with tools, batteries and all the other things you take and dont use. We left at 3AM and got there at 10 AM fueled and did the check list got it started and away we went my friend Tom drove it home and I followed with the 1009. It ran 55-58 all the way home no smoke just heat waves from the stack running down the interstate it has some git up and go Im pretty happy with it. It didnt come with troop seats but I took care of that when John Cappel sold me a set and they will be put on tomorrow it has all michelin radials half of which are turned the wrong way so I have some tire switching to do too.

Attachments

ranchhopper

I was real impressed while leaving it run 10 or so minutes when we stopped at a rest stop not a drop of oil was under it from anywhere engine, trans, TC or axles.

ranchhopper

Thanks I had it driven off the base the day after the after EUC went through Rodger the GL rep said he would be there that one day and wouldnt be back for three weeks he was pretty happy to get it out of there on short notice and free up the space. A local guy down there takes trucks, trailers etc off the base for people he is retired and has storage down the street plus he knows Rodger so it worked out great he charged me 60 bucks to check it over and drive it to storage and keep it for two weeks until I could get the time to go down there.

SPCWarning

Nice !

Congratulations! Beautiful truck. I drove an M813 ("B-43", Bravo Battery, 3/35 Field Artillery) in Germany from 86-88 and miss it like crazy! Maybe some day............

indy4x4fab

Banned
Man I wish you had said something sooner about this, I live 15 mins from the holt road armery. Great looking truck I was watching this one on G.L. too.

swampzr2

Very nice. I don't think you even need to paint that one, just get off the GL wax pencil marks and it looks good to go. I was wondering when you would buy something bigger than the cucv's since you sold the deuces.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks