• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brush guard

KsM715

Ah ha. So your the guy putting those things on there. Its such a pain to remove them once its sold thru GSA :razz:

Nice work. I could have used one of those brush hogging with my little tractor last night

kfdk14

This is actually my first one in a long time and yeah its welded pretty solid but this one the a3and the 923 are from the other program so they're ours to keep and that's why we're tryin to protect them. I started on the 923 today not as elaborate just a bumper ext for lights and siren because it won't see trees much and will have 1500 gallons of water on it.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much brush do you matchheads drive through? Holy cow, I thought you had dozers making fire breaks for you to drive on, not charging your way through hedgerow country.

If there is brush tough enough to stop a 5-ton in low gear WITHOUT a brushguard, I don't want to know where you are going....

kfdk14

Most of the time we don't get dozers here unless it's a really major fire. The guard is to help protect the fenders and lights this pic doesn't show it but I also moved the turn signals closer to the radiator. You'll also notice no stack sticking up.

91W350

I do not know about anybody else, but if a M818 or 923 is headed at my road block with a full head of steam, my section will be evacuated, brush guard or not!

kfdk14

Some times we are aggressive in our firefighting tactics. I won't post pics of the last 818 for fear of backlash from some of you guys but a couple guys got reamed for the damage done to it and its out of service now. But believe me if it were my personal truck it would not have something like this on it but the dept has to use them so we try to protect them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks