• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Budget HMMWV LED headlights review

Gear Report

Howdy gang! I'm pretty pumped at finding these. Been using a set of Trucklite 07392 for a month. BRIGHT lights, but the fleabay seller said they were headlights... turns out they are single beam FLOOD lights from the lighting kits for bigger trucks. He removed them from the mounts and sold them as headlights. grrrr. Trying to get him to take them back and refund them since they were sold as headlights, but weren't. With no cut line, the 07392 blinded everyone driving towards me. And no high beams was a problem as well, so they had to go.

Found these on Amazon and have been very pleased with them in the 2 weeks since installing.
Best part is they were $89.99 shipped via Amazon Prime.
They were $91.99 when I published this review yesterday. Then magically after they sold a few the price went up to $118. Gotta love realtime pricing adjustments. lol

Here is the full review with a link to the video review:
[FONT=&quot]http://gear-report.com/humvee-upgrade-hmmwv-led-headlights[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$118 LED headlights at Amazon: http://amzn.to/2i2Cmod

Not as good of a deal as they were, but still better than the $100+ per light for surplus LEDs that have no warranty or brand support.[/FONT]

Stonepicker1

A few months back there was a few doing the same thing on e**y. I sent one a message telling him he had it listed incorrectly with no reply back.

I have the three wire, Hi/Low beam LED Headlight on the same site. Have a guy out of UT right now trying to scam me, saying he got the two wire lights and not the three wire. :recovry4x4:

I test each light on Hi and Low with pictures before shipping to cover myself. After I posted picture of the lights to the e**y case with his shipping info in the pictures, He hasn't replied back to the case as of today. Got to wait now until mid Jan for the case to close. :sad:

Carrera911

I was thinking about putting on some of the aftermarket jeep headlights from Amazon but from $100-150 for the various ones with questionable durability (vibration, shock and water), I just got some of the military ones for 300. Only fitment issue was swapping the buckets because they came with the shorter vibration dampeners.
Good job documenting the progress on your truck. I usually plan to but get anxious to finish the project and forget about it.

Gear Report

I was thinking about putting on some of the aftermarket jeep headlights from Amazon but from $100-150 for the various ones with questionable durability (vibration, shock and water), I just got some of the military ones for 300. Only fitment issue was swapping the buckets because they came with the shorter vibration dampeners.
Good job documenting the progress on your truck. I usually plan to but get anxious to finish the project and forget about it.
I am anxious to see how they last as well. Nothing to make me nervous so far. I looked at several of the more expensive brands and really don't like that they don't officially sell to civilians. Anything you can get is grey market and totally unsupported by the manufacturer. I figure that with Amazon Prime I can send them back for 90 days if they fail. At this cost I can even replace them on my dime once (or more) while still saving money vs the Trucklite or JW Speaker options.

Believe me, running a review website changes how you think about everything. I often feel like I can't shoot anything, upgrade anything, camp with anything without taking pics and video for a review. It gets tiresome. lol

Stonepicker1

File a not as described case against him. This way he will have to pay all shipping costs.
I agree with "goldneagle"

File a case through e**y and you will get a full refund when the seller gets the items back. He will have to pay the return shipping also. I had to do it one time and it worked for me. Bought an item listed as "new" and received a "used" item. Full refund back to P*yP*l.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
He ( profilecoachworks. ) lists them as a Headlight but you find "single Beam function" headlight, in the fine print. It is a truck lite 07392 which is a 2 wire flood . I sent him this message via Ebay

Hello you say single beam head light so there is no high or low? I thought head lights had both? Please advise
and this was his answer

Yes they are only single beam and only have 2 wires rather than 3.

Last edited:

Gear Report

He ( profilecoachworks. ) lists them as a Headlight but you find "single Beam function" headlight, in the fine print. It is a truck lite 07392 which is a 2 wire flood . I sent him this message via Ebay

Hello you say single beam head light so there is no high or low? I thought head lights had both? Please advise
and this was his answer

Yes they are only single beam and only have 2 wires rather than 3..
Right. He list the 07392 as "headlights"... and they aren't. They are flood lights. It is not safe to use flood lights as headlights since they have no cut line and blind oncoming traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Action

Someone had mentioned Jeep lights. Humvee is 24v. Not all LED are good for both 12v and 24v. Make sure you get the correct ones.
Don't the floodlights look different than the headlights?

Gear Report

Someone had mentioned Jeep lights. Humvee is 24v. Not all LED are good for both 12v and 24v. Make sure you get the correct ones.
Don't the floodlights look different than the headlights?
As noted in the review, they work on 24v.
Not sure on any other Trucklite models.

bjones99

I was also very disappointed in the light put out by the standard $39/ea HMMWV headlight, but could not bring myself to pay $300 for a pair of NSN: 6220-01-547-9049 bulbs. So, I bought a pair of 7" round LED headlights for the Jeep Wrangler and it was a pretty easy swap into the HMMWV. And, MAN, are they a huge improvement!!! Here is a link to the video I made showing the connections and the old vs new lights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqGbFjmMROQ Good luck and enjoy.

Bravojmc

I was also very disappointed in the light put out by the standard $39/ea HMMWV headlight, but could not bring myself to pay $300 for a pair of NSN: 6220-01-547-9049 bulbs. So, I bought a pair of 7" round LED headlights for the Jeep Wrangler and it was a pretty easy swap into the HMMWV. And, MAN, are they a huge improvement!!! Here is a link to the video I made showing the connections and the old vs new lights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqGbFjmMROQ Good luck and enjoy.
love those lights! They are headed my way!!!

Gear Report

Update: These headlights have been in the Battlewagon for about a year and they are still running strong. :)

2 issues were identified and solutions were added to the review:
1) interference of some light buckets
2) interference of a spring in the light bucket

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks