• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buffing Glass

CGarbee

If glass, you can use Softscrub or Crest (yes, toothpaste). I've done it more times than I care to admit. Works much better if you have a very soft pad on a buffing pad on your drill or DA sander... Buffing out scratches by hand is a major time commitment...

If you don't want to do it yourself, take it to either a good paint shop (they'll have the buffers from working on clearcoat paint systems) or your local glass shop (they'll know about working with glass... ) :)

For plastic windows, I have a couple bottles of USMC cleaner that was issued to folks cleaning the windows in Jeep tops and such... You can get the same stuff at you friendly auto parts store... Look for somthing labled as convertable top window polish.

Good luck.

ONTOS66

Good Info guys! I have a similar problem on the passenger side windshield. Looks like they ran the windshield wipers without a wiper blade and let the metal rub against the glass. (not that our troops would EVER mistreat a vehicle)
8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks