• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buidling HMMWV Turret Shield

jpinst

I have been unable to find a HMMWV turret shield. Once saw one on ebay go for $900, and it will likely cost that much to ship. Saw another that never sold for $1700.

Anyway, I can get all the pintle and shield mounts. Just not the shield.

So here is my question. If I were to buy some steel and have it cut and welded, I suppose I could build my own.

The problem likes in getting the dimensions and holes for mounting on some kind of drawing. Also what kind of steel would be used?

If I could get these two things squared away, I suppose i could go ahead and build one. Dimensions are the most important.

Any help appreciated.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold the one on Epay.....I also have another one.
Its 3/8 th thick hardened steel.
I'm planning on finding an aluminum plate I can make to look like the steel one, then sell the steel one.
I'm about 80 miles from you.
Greg

jpinst

slated shield

I will definitely take the slanted shield. You must be in the LA area, because I was really hoping I could go pick one up as the shipping will be a lot. Send me a PM, and if its not too late, maybe we can make a deal. I am ready now.

Dean

jpinst

M240 on the HMMWV

I am in Hong Kong at the moment, just went to the airsoft street and combed the shops looking for what I wanted. Found a Korean made excellent replica and working airsoft M240 (uses M4 version 2 gearbox) .

At the moment it looks like a Mag58, because although it has the M240 flashider, it doesn't have the hand guards. I bought them too, but decided to wait until I get home to install them. Here is the rifle on my HK apartment sofa.

Price was about USD$1500

Attachments

jpinst

RE: M240 on the HMMWV

Yeah, well its more of a replica rifle than anything else. I got the heat shield and RIS already at the same store. BTW its a triggerhappy, made in Korea. An M240 dummy gun is about 5K, so its easy to make the choice, and M240 is definitely more common.