• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Build is Finally underway

Masspilot

So I have been debating on weather or not to install a micro wood stove called a cub mini it is designed for rv and tiny houses. It would expand the self sufficient capacity of the truck anyone's thoughts

coachgeo

So I have been debating on weather or not to install a micro wood stove called a cub mini it is designed for rv and tiny houses. It would expand the self sufficient capacity of the truck anyone's thoughts
Same is in my plans but going to use a Hunter SHA NSN# 4520-01-444-2375 stove for greater flexibility in fuels. Such as when can/willing to baby sit it; like you would any wood stove, the will go with wood as the burning fuel. When not wanting to babysit as much say for night sleeping... then if wanted would then use liquid fuel. Granted am also installing a diesel fired NOS Southwind coolant heater for radiant heating. Thus will rarely use the above stove with liquid fuel... but at least that option is there. Might look into welding up a Tilted Wood feed similar to rocket stoves for it as well. That would be sweet. Reduces wood baby sitting.

Another benefit with the Hunter SAH stove compared to the SouthWind Coolant heater; the Southwind won't really like odd fuels as much, such as waste oil blends and other brewed fuels. The multi fuel burner SAH will be little more flexible in that situation.... and can be fixed much easier if the waste oil Blend tries to FUBAR things.

Of course a must have either way is good CO and Smoke alarms installed in rig.

PS- Discussion thread on this plan

Last edited:

Masspilot

cubicminiwoodstoves.com/products/cb-1008-br-cubic-mini-wood-stove this is the one I am thinking it puts out between 6000-14000 btu that's more then enough for than an area of only 130 square ft

coachgeo

cubicminiwoodstoves.com/products/cb-1008-br-cubic-mini-wood-stove this is the one I am thinking it puts out between 6000-14000 btu that's more then enough for than an area of only 130 square ft
That is really nice and comparable in price. Looks like a small version of what I use in my regular home.

pontiac62

I follow a couple on yt. Tinyhouse prepper is their channel. They have a review for both the cub and the grizzly model. Might help you decide. They use it in their rv as main/alt heat source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

Masspilot

It's going to be tongue and groove pine I am going for a cabin look inside and no that's why I am leaving the back off so I can put it in I only need to get the two long sides done then I can close up the back and get the rest in through the door

Masspilot

Starting to do trim out and install stuff Damm this is funKIMG0584.jpg also best purchase for truck ctis protectionIMG_20180225_203527_01.jpg

Oh yes wanted to tell everyone I was putting my new bumper on the other day and thought I had everything together. When I went to start the truck and my wipers came on tried everything to get them to shut.off. Was told the multi turn signal switch probably want bad. Well ordered one got it and have not put it on yet but the other day I remembered I had not reattached the bolt on the back of the turn signal that has like 4 grounds all put into one. So I reattached it and amazingly the wiper stopped and the switch was working. So to.make a long story short the grounds on the back of turn signal are shared with other things on the truck obviously the wipers.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Starting to do .... (and) .... had not reattached the bolt on the back of the turn signal that has like 4 grounds all put into one. So I reattached it and amazingly the wiper stopped and the switch was working. So to.make a long story short the grounds on the back of turn signal are shared with other things on the truck obviously the wipers.
Looking great... keep it up. Thanks for passing on the ground discovery

Duckworthe

Steve,
That wood stove is so cute! Does it go in your Barbie house? Looks like the door is at least 6 bubble wrap bubbles in square area! LOL just picking! I know those little stoves kick butt. Used ones like it in fishing shack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks