• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Build the deuce you want !

m.walker

My friend Jared has 3 deuces , so he's taking all the parts he wants and installing them on the one he's keeping ( dropside bed , C turbo , the good stuff ) . The others to be sold off later . Here's pics .

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Mark you guys should have told me you were doing that today. I would have come out and told you the right way to do it! LOL I was in town getting my large tow bar back from Rick for the dual M818 recovery on Tuesday and could have stopped by. Looks like:-D you had fun.

jwright

I can not say enough good things about Mark. I just wanted to say thank you for helping me today with the bed swap. I never would have done this on my own.
I bought my frist truck back in March (the one thats green camo) out of Jefferson City, great running truck . Two months later I got two more out of Iowa. One good running and one that needed a little work. The cool thing was that both were dropside. Thanks GL for mislabling them. Anyway I just planed on moveing some parts around to make one great truck and two real good trucks. Will post some more pics

m.walker

Dave , I wasn't for sure we were doing it sat. till we seen how the weather turned out . All in all it went pretty quick ( about an hour ) . I couldn't imagine jacking these up and blocking them , then switching . Jared brought along some great help and it was fun , Dale even stopped by to see what we were doing . All in all , an entertaining day .
Jared , anytime I enjoy playing with the toys ! What's the next project ??? Mark

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It never fails to amaze me what kind of work can be done with a 50+ year old military wrecker. Every time I fire the M108 up to move an engine or pull a bed, I can't help but think about the fact that the truck is 56 years old and still working.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It never fails to amaze me what kind of work can be done with a 50+ year old military wrecker. Every time I fire the M108 up to move an engine or pull a bed, I can't help but think about the fact that the truck is 56 years old and still working.

Hey! I'm almost that old and I'm still working.

;-)

m.walker

They are versatile little buggers aren't they ? The funny thing is they are very entertaining . You can work with them for hours and feel like you've been playing the whole time ! They're a must if you fool around with big toys .

bubba_got_you - I think it's calling to you , hahaha !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to say, with this hobby, they are almost a necessity. I just can't imagine going back to life without mine and its just a puny M108.

m.walker

Yeah it's still for sale , I'm just not in a big hurry . I use it when I need it but mostly it sits parked . I use and prefer tractor trailers more . It's handy when I've got jobs that are big and bulky but that's not very often . Big toys , sooner or later someone will need it and it'll be sold . A tractor and a stepdeck is what I want to get when it's gone .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks