• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

built a generator trailer out of a M103a3 A/C trailer

txdodge43man

Got a rebuilt MEP 002 generator from surplus and need a trailer for it so I used a old A/C unit trailer that was just sitting there rusting a few new holes drilled i the frame and a tool box and some jerry can holders I now have a nice portable generator.

Attachments

timm831

Duffman,

That particular trailer frame would easily hold 2 generators, and probably a 200 gallon tank. The problem would/could be the weight on the landing gear/nose. The generator sits where it is to keep the trailer pretty well balanced. When it was first placed on the trailer he had it further to the rear and it was too tail heavy (landing leg had to be held down). I'm sure it could be done, ypou would just have to find the correct placement of the generators and the fuel tank to distribute the weight evenly. Maybe have the generators front and rear with the tank on the middle?

Tim

timm831

Good looking trailer Charles, just be sure to have a dedicated circuit for the beer fridge during times of hurricanes. Remember, we all know where you live if we need a generator!. :beer:

txdodge43man

i thought about putting a fuel tank on it and I still might but the gen burns 1/2 a gallon and hour 4 five gallon cans will last me 40 hours. Ive got a fuel tank from a 5 ton tractor im thinking of mounting on the tool box for hurricanes and before anyone says somthing yes the tool box will support the fuel tank. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks