• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Built a LIGHTBAR for the M109

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great workmanship!

If you move the spotlight back to clear the hood, the hood will still hit the floods. You might consider use of a rubber bumper (like a leaf spring cone bumper) on the front of the bar, and use a bungee strap from the side to secure the hood upright against a wind gust.

peashooter

if you just wanted the spot/search light then you can get remote versions of that as well. Below is a picture of one. Or for less than $20 you can get a small handheld or keychain remote with anywhere from 1-8 channels that has a reciever board with 12v or 24v relays to control the lights.... or you can get a more industrial one that costs anywhere from $150-500. As with everything there are lots of possibilities to make it happen if you want it bad enough.

Attachments

peashooter

Well I finally got around to finishing the lightbar and solargizer setup, again I'll update more of this on my build thread HERE but wanted to put some closure to this thread for any people from the "future" who stumble across it.
As mentioned earlier on, an unforseen problem I ran into was the hood hitting the searchlight and the hood support rod not fitting anymore. As shown in the pictures I just put a screw in rubber foot on the front of the search light mount for the hood to hit. I also made a new hood support rod out of a small tie-rod end, threaded shaft, and loop, so it has some adjustment and gives both a little longer reach and bends front to back as well as side to side. It still mounts to the original spots.

The solargizer box is mounted under the passenger side seat with some brackets I found and modified. I did have to extend the +24v supply wire.

Attachments

Last edited: