• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

built snorkel today

jamesfrom180

acesneights1: Fill the pipe with clean sand. Heat with flame-less heat gun or place in hot box. I have not tried this but it is recommended around the INTRA-WEB. I have bent electrical conduit this way. Works pretty well once you get the feel. Clean sand provides even heating and keeps it from collapsing.

jdeoliveira74

bending abs would like to try that cause it would look better then the fittings for sure. I am going to the exhaust place today maybe bend some stainless pipe!

jdeoliveira74

Ok new snorkel complete! NO more sewer pipe. I think it came out pretty good. Aluminized pipe I painted with truck bed liner to give it some texture. Had it bend at my local pipe shop.

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

Looks alot nicer then my expandable rain gutter one. But then again mine cost me $3.80 and it was put onto a truck I drive thru the lake with. lol
The lights on top of mine were put there due to the headlights were always under water and you cant see crapola out there in the woods without them. Did you notice that its a retired Dept of Forestry RamCharger? The siren that was on it is now up top between those old snow plow headlights. lol Scares the crap out of people. lol

A

A/C Cages

I ran mine into the air breather box. My exhaust has a P trap in it over the rear axle as the dual exhaust came out the back. So water cant go back in.
Besides it makes a bubbling boat sound when you drive it thru the lake. Freaks people out. lol

A

A/C Cages

Nope, stock. Had to go up and over the axle for clearence and then back down to go back out the rear end. Creats a P trap like on a sink. works as long as your engine doesnt hickup.

A

A/C Cages

Same, everything went into the air breather. tied together. Since I chopped off the rear part of the roof I had to run it somewhere else. lol
I gave that RamCharger to a friend down the street from me since he has a chance to still use it. I dont mud anymore.

86M10086.2L

what degree bends/elbows did you use with the ABS pipe. I think it looked good even with the ABS. The exhaust pipe looks even better, but one nice thing with the ABS is you break it, run down to Lowes or the Depot and pick up another piece. I would consider sinking it into the quarter panel a bit for extra clearence.

jdeoliveira74

86m10086.2l how are the 36" tires on the road do they give alot of road noise? I do alot of highway driving. And i hate tire noise!
where you at on longisland. I grew up there left in 04

86M10086.2L

I can sum up the military 36's in two words. They suck! Mine were new when I got them. They are out of round which is common with them. They are very hard to balance. Yes they are noisy but I don't mind that. They bounce on the highway. Their only redeeming qualities are they are great off road (could be better in sand), look really cool and they're cheap. I can't complain too much considering what I paid for them. I got four of them (new) for less then you can buy 1 equivalent sized tire. I Love the beadlock rims. Despite limited tire availability for them. Wish I could get my hands on a set of twelve bolt beadlocks though. Mine are 8's. I live in the Commack/Smithown/Kings Park area.