• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bulldog (FV432) owners unite...

L999here

Just a note to ask if any FV432 Bulldog owners are interested in shareing contact info for support and tech knowledge. Also for sale/trade of spare parts and such. Have early (1963) manuals but would like to borrow a later one to copy and provide to other Bulldog owners. Started thread for a lube chate...if one is available...and would make copies and laminate for others. Email....or call....my dime....(800) 380-4867,9-5:30 (EST).

L999here

....because...?

Everything I have...(2) reprint manuals,spec sheet from web site and conversations with another owner....all refer to the FV432 as a "Bulldog". There were several variations. Mine has a turret and is up-armored. There are several names for the missle carrier,tank made on same chassis and a couple others I cannot name off the top of my head. First time I ever heard "Trojan" mentioned,but that may be one of the other variations. If I am incorrect...won't be the first time....please advise. I'm still learning about this piece of armor. I can speak with authority on firearms (retired FFL) and reloading (35 yrs.and class #7 Mfg.)...but always willing and eager to learn more.....LOL....

Last edited:

L999here

...update...

After a few minutes of searching,found that the original name for the FV432 series was intended to be 'Trojan'. However...there was a civilian auto make with that name (1962),so it was scrapped. Due to recent upgrades for use in Iraq and Afganistan,these vehicles are now commonly referred to as 'Bulldogs'. The Abbot tank version uses the same chassis and so do other varients that mount 80MM mortors,missles and also a recovery vehicle. Newer ones (about 135) use the diesel engine and have armor upgrades. There was a multi-fuel engine....wish I had this model,as mine is a Rolls Royce gas type. More info and specs on Wikipedia site....

Stalwart

I've had many Limey vehicles, don't forget just because it has a grease nipple doesn't mean grease goes in there. The Brits use mostly gear lube for suspension . . . I use 140 weight of the same, as it leaks out a lot slower than 90. I have a FV432 B81 out of overhaul amongst my spares. I'm not sure I'd prefer a K60 or not. BTW, the Abbot is NOT a tank it's a self propelled howitzer, it wasn't designed to be in any close action.

Yohan

Len,

The latest upgrade of the FV432 has a Cummins diesel engine in it. Very nice! I think this is the Bulldog you refer to.

(Getting the Deuce ready for the parade this Saturday. 442nd trans. Line Haulers designations that my uncle was in, Nam 68-69.)