• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper Marking question M923A2 BMY HARSCO

higgs

Hello,

Trying to figure out what branch of service my truck served, it may have came out of Virginia. Bumper read as follows with black stencil over green. [ 611QM ECS 88 F-56 ] Any ideas.

Thank you,

higgs

Rifleman

Higgs, there is a member here that can look up your truck for a small donation to a very good cause and tell you where it came from but if i remember right he can only search trucks that were used by the Army.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
611QM ECS 88 F-56
611th Quartermaster Company. Falls under the 99th Regional Readiness Command. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/99rsc.htm

F-56 was prob the vehicle number. F could mean Foxtrot platoon, truck 56
Normally the unit designation was on the left side of the bumper (standing in front of the truck facing it) and the vehicle number was on the right. A trailer that went with that vehicle would have a T in front of it, as in T-56.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
In his advanced age, he forgot to say ecs88 was equipment concentration site 88. Meaning this. vehicle was in storage at fort Pickett VA.

higgs

Thank you for the replies, I was going to clean up the stencils since they were painted over not done very nicely on the back. Should I leave out the ECS 88 doesn't sound very exciting that it was in a storage unit. Could it have had other stenciling prior to going to storage and the ECS 88 was put on just before storage. Is that were they go before going to surplus?

Thank you,
higgs

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck probably was with several units throughout its life. Gently and carefully sand down the bumperettes (or the front bumper) and hopefully you'll be able to track the units the truck was with.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Possibly but I really wish these questions were posted to the VIN info so we could get the donations. Remember, we are trying to raise money to outfit a multiple amputee veteran with a trackchair.

Last edited: