• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper markings m35a2

CIBS 70

All, I want to pay tribute to the easy company 2nd battalion 506th parachute infantry 101st airborne. How would I go about with the markings on my front bumper and bumperette. And also the size of lettering I need. Thanks!!!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Diecorpse

For other info and all markings, visit Olive Drab.com. I seen a link that clearly show all the different markings and interprets what they mean. There's all kinds of info about military vehicles and everything else in between. Hope this helps. God bless those who gave their lives for our freedom and to those served, and those who are serving now.

JCKnife

For other info and all markings, visit Olive Drab.com. I seen a link that clearly show all the different markings and interprets what they mean.
I think I found the page you are referring to: http://olive-drab.com/od_mvg_markings.php

I'm still trying to figure out what my truck's original markings would have been (1971) for the (Kentucky nat'l guard) unit it was in:
103RD CS BN CO B MAINT

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
First do research (via bing or google) and find out what they're higher HQ was. Back then, I''m not sure if they used the KYARNG like today. They may have used their divisional or sep bde identifier. They are now a BSB. Were they a FSB back then or an MSB? I can either fish for you or teach everyone to fish here because this question comes up a lot.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be pissed if I was a member of any OTHER company in the 2/506 PIR.... Seems only Easy Co did anything to win the war......