• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper modification

William65

The bumper that was on the truck when I bought it was mangled and found another one through a family friend. It was in decent shape but I thought it would be a great idea to trim the corners…ended up being a lot more work than I had thought. The winch extensions that were on the truck were a bear to remove solo, but the bolts eventually broke free. Got the new-to-me bumper back to my shop and started grinding and painting. Got it finished and had to beat the bumper brackets back into their original shape and painted. Don’t have a picture of it during the daylight, but it turned out better than I figured it would.

Attachments

INFChief

The bumper that was on the truck when I bought it was mangled and found another one through a family friend. It was in decent shape but I thought it would be a great idea to trim the corners…ended up being a lot more work than I had thought. The winch extensions that were on the truck were a bear to remove solo, but the bolts eventually broke free. Got the new-to-me bumper back to my shop and started grinding and painting. Got it finished and had to beat the bumper brackets back into their original shape and painted. Don’t have a picture of it during the daylight, but it turned out better than I figured it would.
Looks nice!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any reason why you didn't keep the bottom lip, just pie slice/section it above the bottom bend?