• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper modification

William65

The bumper that was on the truck when I bought it was mangled and found another one through a family friend. It was in decent shape but I thought it would be a great idea to trim the corners…ended up being a lot more work than I had thought. The winch extensions that were on the truck were a bear to remove solo, but the bolts eventually broke free. Got the new-to-me bumper back to my shop and started grinding and painting. Got it finished and had to beat the bumper brackets back into their original shape and painted. Don’t have a picture of it during the daylight, but it turned out better than I figured it would.

Attachments

INFChief

The bumper that was on the truck when I bought it was mangled and found another one through a family friend. It was in decent shape but I thought it would be a great idea to trim the corners…ended up being a lot more work than I had thought. The winch extensions that were on the truck were a bear to remove solo, but the bolts eventually broke free. Got the new-to-me bumper back to my shop and started grinding and painting. Got it finished and had to beat the bumper brackets back into their original shape and painted. Don’t have a picture of it during the daylight, but it turned out better than I figured it would.
Looks nice!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any reason why you didn't keep the bottom lip, just pie slice/section it above the bottom bend?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks