• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bumper numbers

5tonpuller

I cant seem to find the post now but, I am looking for some one to tell me what these bumper numbers mean AND a way to get in contact with them.
On the rear on the left bumper 28 under that 1 112 1.
On the right HQ under that 94.
Thanks

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This ones easy:

28th Infantry Division (Mechanized), Pennsylvania Army National Guard
1st Battalion, 112th Infantry (the last "1" on the left bumperette is really an "I")

Headquarters, truck #94.

HQ for the 1st Bat, 112th Inf is Erie, PA, so thats probably where this rig spent most of its time.

54reo

Ok, i know this is not much to go by, but maybe someone out there will like the challenge.(?)
On the front bumper of my '54 REO there are the faint remnants of a set of numbers. The pass. side has only the last four characters of the original number. They are: 5 B G X. These appear to have been painted over at some point in time as the characters: O E are superimposed on top. On the drivers side,m the only thing I can make out is the number 2 at the start of the things. If any one could shed some light on this, I would appreciate it, although I realize that it is a long shot. One question I do have is why would the passenger side characters be painted over with a different set other than the truck being reassigned to a different location?
Sorry for the dumb questions, but I am just starting out in this hobby. Thanks everyone for the great conversations and info that is on this site!
Thanks, Brian

5tonpuller

Was looking for some more info.
I am tring to trace the history of the truck. Who used it and such.
Is there any way to tell from the number where it was or with which company?
Thanks again Mike

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, no, not easily. You'd have to trace the unit records back to inception, and then from the previous unit, etc.

ntxcop

Mike,

I know Carnac can find info on ARMY vehicles, but I have a newly purchased Marine Corp 5-Ton M923. Do you have any idea where to find out about Marine Corps trucks? I served in the ARMY, and don't know much about the Marines. I purchased the truck from GL in Saginaw Texas last week. It was built in 1984 and refurbished in 1993. The doors and bumper both have the number M99401. The serial number is 530166 and the identification number is 530166C52304641 and the NSN number is 2320010502084.

Thanks
Keith

NTX, Are you sure you entered the M number in correctly? It's a unit designator (UIC number) but you're giving me an invalid designator. I'm only coming up with 2 99 series numbers and they're both assigned to MCJROTC dets which wouldn't have a 5 ton assigned to them.

Terracoma

If M99401 is the correct UIC, it previously belonged to HQ, 4th Marine Expeditionary Brigade (Anti-Terrorism), Marine Forces Atlantic.

Looks like the unit transferred its duties to 2/9 in February 2006 and dissolved.

ntxcop

NTX, Are you sure you entered the M number in correctly? It's a unit designator (UIC number) but you're giving me an invalid designator. I'm only coming up with 2 99 series numbers and they're both assigned to MCJROTC dets which wouldn't have a 5 ton assigned to them.
I'm attaching photos of the numbers!

Thanks for taking the time to look it up. I googled it and didn't find anything.

Attachments

ntxcop

Thank You

If M99401 is the correct UIC, it previously belonged to HQ, 4th Marine Expeditionary Brigade (Anti-Terrorism), Marine Forces Atlantic.

Looks like the unit transferred its duties to 2/9 in February 2006 and dissolved.
Gary,

Thank you, I really appreciate you checking into it! Now I can research the unit further and make a good display board with vehicle history to display when I'm finished refurbishing it.

Thanks again

Keith

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks